Wind buffeting with window open

andygo

I'm sure we have all experienced wind buffeting when driving at 60mph plus with window down. Saw these mentioned, ironically on an Alpine A110 forum. No idea why I was on the forum, the Alpines sound like typical french junk, lol.

The diffusers seem silly money for what they are, wonder if anyone has any experience or similar solutions.

https://awe-tuning.co.uk/awe-tuning-foiler-wind-diffuser-718-boxster-981-cayman-and-991/

4 hours ago, andygo said:

I'm looking at it from a serious cars POV - a Cayman! :)

Sounds to me like you were trying to pretend you had a Boxster, driving around with your windows down is not the same 🫣

• Haha 4

So we have a Boxster forum, then a Cayman (can't put the roof down), then the windows opened, then wind buffeting, then getting special accessories to stop the buffeting...  I'm feeling a bit bipolar at this point.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

"My Ride: Citroen C3 hdi"

??

After selling the 981, Bubble was originally intended as a stop gap whilst waiting for the arrival of a GTS4.0 or an Emira, which ever arrived first. Not long after the purchase of bubble, I read an article about Gordon Murray Automotive and was intrigued by his admiration of his daily drive, an Alpine A110.

December 2019 I found this beauty and cancelled the other two, which unfortunately I would still have been waiting for, even now.

PXL_20221005_085128573

• Like 3

17 hours ago, andygo said:

I'm sure we have all experienced wind buffeting when driving at 60mph plus with window down. Saw these mentioned, ironically on an Alpine A110 forum. No idea why I was on the forum, the Alpines sound like typical french junk, lol.

The diffusers seem silly money for what they are, wonder if anyone has any experience or similar solutions.

https://awe-tuning.co.uk/awe-tuning-foiler-wind-diffuser-718-boxster-981-cayman-and-991/

Maybe they do a clip on ash tray too for the wing mirror?

Equally useful - I've seen it all now!

• Haha 1