981 BGTS - Retirement Planning Sale

GTSMarky

In a few weeks my 981 BGTS will be up for sale as part of slightly longer term retirement plan.

I'm posting this here in case anyone is looking or knows of someone looking for one.  Genuinely no idea on price yet as I haven't looked for either a private sale or possible via Dovehouse who last serviced the car.

I've had it since September 2017 and the first owner owned it from new, so just 2 owners.  Service book is up to date, MPS4S tyres all round are very good and it's had the rear suspension work done too under warranty so all up to date.

GTS interior in beautiful condition with carbon bits & nearly 26k miles.  It's lovely, but just doesn't get any use and isn't going to get any more either here.

All paperwork & docs to hand and spec' is:

Sept 2014 Boxster GTS 3.4 PDK

Jet Black Metallic

Black Leather/GTS Interior

20" 911 Turbo Design Allow Wheels

PCM

Sound Package Plus

Digital Radio

Cruise Control

Heated Seats

Park Assist

Roll Over Bar in Exterior Colour

Sport Design Steering Wheel

Carmine Red Instrument Dials

Power Steering Plus

Bluetooth Telephone Preparation

It's got Zunnsport grills and BMC air filters.  Recently had a PADM mount replaced with last service.

I think that's about it.  Comes with a Cabrioshield 1/2 cover and Krooklock.

7 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

First thing I did when I retired was buy a GTS 😃.

Put a few pics up and GLWTS.

Yep, there is that.  It's a part of a plan, not the entire plan as I've my eye on a 4.0 GTS Cayman too which I think would get more use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Enjoy retirement, I love waking up and thinking about going out for a drive with the top down rather than what works holds for me......oh wait a Cayman😱😉

I only like to have the roof down when away from the masses, which nowadays is becoming more & more difficult.  In my TR4a I was happy with the roof down whatever, wherever, but not the same in the Boxster.

One downside of Boxster ownership as compared to some previous sports cars (lotuses mainly) is there's a definite shift in everyone wanting a race it seems.

Whilst I agree that the bright yellow paint and ===PORSCHE=== written down the side might encourage every yoof with a Fiesta ST to prove something, I've had similarly vibrant sports cars before without noticing it as much.  I'm just about to go for a drive and I can guarantee I'll experience a few raspy exhausts going by like their ar*e is on fire.

For reference, I only ever enjoy a spirited drive when I'm away from other lunatics... I never get baited... one lunatic on a section of road is quite enough.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, moospeed said:

One downside of Boxster ownership as compared to some previous sports cars (lotuses mainly) is there's a definite shift in everyone wanting a race it seems.

Whilst I agree that the bright yellow paint and ===PORSCHE=== written down the side might encourage every yoof with a Fiesta ST to prove something, I've had similarly vibrant sports cars before without noticing it as much.  I'm just about to go for a drive and I can guarantee I'll experience a few raspy exhausts going by like their ar*e is on fire.

For reference, I only ever enjoy a spirited drive when I'm away from other lunatics... I never get baited... one lunatic on a section of road is quite enough.

Better to not take the bait than to be out accelerated on a dual carriageway by a Fiesta ST

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Codfanglers said:

Better to not take the bait than to be out accelerated on a dual carriageway by a Fiesta ST

Indeed !!  You jest but I've been overtaken by either a Polo or a Golf (no interest but def a VW small hatchback) which sounded like it'd just come off the racetrack.  Didn't look anything special, just lowered, fat exhaust which blew out big puffs of smoke on the upchanges.  The main thing though was that I wouldn't have stood a chance if I wanted to, it was seriously shifting.  Looked like it was about ready to explode though...

Seems like nearly anything with a turbo - which seems to include most little shoppers these days, it's how they maximise power v emissions - is at risk of out-accelerating Boxsters.

On the straight. Try taking the third exit off the roundabout, see how they keep up...

• Like 1