Mobile phone holder

paul rylah

I've tried various options, including the magnetic air vent type.

I'm currently using this one, which is spring loaded and works quite well:

Lamicall Car Phone Holder, Universal Vent Mount - 360 Rotating Air Vent Cradle Stand for iPhone 14 Pro Max Plus, 13 12 Pro Max Mini, 11 Pro Xs XR X 8 7 6s, Samsung S21, HUAWEI, Mobile Phones - Black : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Previously I had the Yosh magnetic type, which also works OK:

YOSH Magnetic Phone Car Mount Air Vent, 2-Pack Phone Holder for Cars Magnet Car Vent Phone Holder for iPhone 11 XS X XR Samsung S21 S20 S10+ A70 S10 Huawei P30 P20 Pro etc. with 4-Pack Metal Plates : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The only thing I would say is the vent holders block the airflow, so you have to remember to switch off that vent, or you risk freezing your phone into an ice block with the aircon on... 😂

Edited by Davey P
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Nitro V8 said:

I've got one of those in the civic and its very good. Where in the boxster you placed it? Right side of the windscreen? 

As much as i fancy getting one that sits in the air vents, i have actually found the windscreen mounted ones good for recording video whilst driving on the mobile. 

I bought a Rennline magnetic phone mount a while back through Design 911. Bolts into the lower centre console - an easy, invisible fit (left or right side of) and has worked for me without incident so far. Self adhesive steel mounting pad goes on back of phone, but I've just slotted this inside my phone protector case and it works just as well.

Sorry don't have any pics, but it's an easy search.

Only negative comment I'd make is that on my 03 986, when the phone is mounted (LHS), it obscures the air-con controls, but not really a problem as there's still space to operate behind the phone.

Quality item, but not the cheapest - was £52.38 incl VAT!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fizz said:

I've got one of those in the civic and its very good. Where in the boxster you placed it? Right side of the windscreen? 

As much as i fancy getting one that sits in the air vents, i have actually found the windscreen mounted ones good for recording video whilst driving on the mobile. 

I placed it to the left of the dashboard above the central vents. I’ll take a photo when my car is back from having a new clutch fitted.