GTS wheel colour

bandit_287

I’ve just bought a black GTS, it’s triple black but I’ve never been a fan of black wheels. I’m thinking of a wheel colour change to gun metal or silver or maybe a two tone, anybody handy with photoshop or got a recommendation for a colour change? There’s a place near me I can get them done as they re-furbed and diamond cut the wheels on my 987.2 years ago. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/163906813@N06/ow2JqBW8a5

Not sure if the link will work?

4 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

I’ve just bought a black GTS, it’s triple black but I’ve never been a fan of black wheels. I’m thinking of a wheel colour change to gun metal or silver or maybe a two tone, anybody handy with photoshop or got a recommendation for a colour change? There’s a place near me I can get them done as they re-furbed and diamond cut the wheels on my 987.2 years ago. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/163906813@N06/ow2JqBW8a5

Not sure if the link will work?

I'm with you on not liking black wheels. I know this is probably contrary to the opinion of most folk these days, but, I really like standard light silver. The wheel design stands out and they look nice and bright in overcast conditions. 

I had silver wheels on my Agate 981S and liked them a lot - they had a nice contrast I thought.  When I sold it first thing the new keeper did was paint them black which I thought spoilt the classy look.  My new order for a 4.0 GTS in Arctic I am going for Satin Aurum - they should also look good with the black as a contrast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 1:57 PM, bandit_287 said:

Have to say, that does look much better.  I hadn't seen this thread before but would've suggested maybe a silver stripe round the outside of the black, these are the best design wheels on a 981 IMHO.  Though probably would've cost the same to get the whole wheel done as just the rim.

Upper wheel here was on a 718 I borrowed, all black including inside.  My wheel is the one underneath, silver outside stripe and silver/grey on the inside.  Not sure how much the grey inner helps but it's a bugger to keep spotless.

Then again the black seems to be showing up the filth just as much.  Powder coated wheels using brake dust as the powder for the low maintenance win.

60787-E4-C-AB61-415-B-8-DA1-1607-FBC4158

• 1 month later...