Don't laugh..can I glue it?

Stephen44

So my glass wind deflector does not hold even though clips do not seem broken.

If i was to put a blob of epoxy glue...would permanently fixing the deflector spoil access to engine.

Cars new to me so I haven't ventured to taking the cover off yet!

If the weather is not to foul tomorrow I'll hold up my brand new clip next to the one on mine that has a small piece missing so you can see the difference.  The kit to replace them 986 561 323 00 is £22.20 from an OPC (I got mine today) including 2 clips, the bottom locator and the fixing rivets..  You'll need this How To to remove the roll hoop trims as well:

Yes, you can glue it, but how would you clean the inside of the rear screen and the back side of the  deflector?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ½cwt said:

If the weather is not to foul tomorrow I'll hold up my brand new clip next to the one on mine that has a small piece missing so you can see the difference.  The kit to replace them 986 561 323 00 is £22.20 from an OPC (I got mine today) including 2 clips, the bottom locator and the fixing rivets..  You'll need this How To to remove the roll hoop trims as well:

Yes, you can glue it, but how would you clean the inside of the rear screen and the back side of the  deflector?

Ty...that would be great! 👍

@Stephen44 You can see from the picture at the inner spring is what breaks so the clips can look OK on a quick inspection particularly if both are broken so you don't have a detail to refer to.  The new one also looks a beeper black so the plastic degradation is more apparent with a new one to refer to as well.  Mine rattled and drove me crazy as it was right behind my left ear, so I wrapped a piece of black insulation tape over the deflector to keep it quiet.

rRHa7C9.jpg 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 7:33 PM, Stephen44 said:

Ty... I need to look at mine in the morning... I'll report back.

Can you show me a photo of the clasp on the glass please...to me it is this that is broken.

Which part has the spring in.. because neither of mine do?

Cheers. Stephen 

4 hours ago, Stephen44 said:

Can you show me a photo of the clasp on the glass please...to me it is this that is broken.

Which part has the spring in.. because neither of mine do?

Cheers. Stephen 

The 'spring' is the inner curved bit of plastic that I suspect had broken off on both of yours and in the one fixed on my car.  Look at this listing for details of deflector part of the fixing:

Porsche 986 Boxster Centre Lexan Wind Deflector P/n.98656132100 | eBay

3 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

The 'spring' is the inner curved bit of plastic that I suspect had broken off on both of yours and in the one fixed on my car.  Look at this listing for details of deflector part of the fixing:

Porsche 986 Boxster Centre Lexan Wind Deflector P/n.98656132100 | eBay

I think You're right..Is the glass part repairable then?

6 minutes ago, Stephen44 said:

I think You're right..Is the glass part repairable then?

No.  Use the listing if you need a new one, but finding one in perfect condition with no scratches can be a long wait...  They are ridiculous money for new, north of £400 from Porsche.