Help with Becker Cdr23 and CD Multichanger

Glider

No they have no optical out (Well mine doesn't) and have built in amp's so no need for a separate amp. but you can add in a speaker to line out converter if you wish to use your own amp. You would also probably want to add in a crossover so the mid/bass goes to the door speakers. The amp in my car (standard non bose) includes a crossover.

Update, whilst driving yesterday the unit switched to CD Multichanger mode for around 30secs. I was so happy. Then the whole unit powered down and restarted. Hasn't worked since.

So, what would cause this? Wiring, head unit, control unit? I haven't a clue.

I guess the only way I could find out would be to swap the items for known working ones but I would need to get them programmed by the Porsche dealer each time. What a pain.

Has anybody got the CDR23 with the CD changer? Can you confirm that you don't have a green plug in the back of the head unit? Ta. 

Also, is it normal to have a two wire connector under the drivers seat that's not plugged in to anything? 

I have a CDR23 with changer, had the same problem when I got the car the previous owner said the changer had never worked. Traced the problem to faulty tracks on the pcb, managed to fix them myself and it has worked ever since. 

I will have my car out tomorrow will check the connections in the back and let you know.

Edited by Judgegeorge

Yes the front facia PCB is the one I had to repair. Mine has never shut down at all. I was in the same position as you where the only way to play a CD was to eject it and push it back in. Now it is one push of the CD button plays the single CD and another press for the changer.Some of the other buttons don’t work either namely the TP one and number 2 on the station memory. My car has Bose fitted. Will pull out the stereo tomorrow and take some pictures of the connections and check under my drivers seat. 

Thanks. The CD button is working now. It just has only seen the multichanger three times. It selects it for about 20 secs then there's a loud pop, like a fuse blowing. Then the radio restarts and it doesn't see the multichanger. 

Edited by Glider

32 minutes ago, Judgegeorge said:

3EA0568C-CB29-4C79-836A-381042E9A309.jpeg

That's the feed to the seat adjustment motor and heated seats (if you have them) that goes to the large socket, the white socket is the seat belt warning light.