987 Boxster frunk question

Tamás Dinya

Hi,

Please allow me a silly question regarding the frunk 'configuration'. I have a 2007 base 987 Boxster. No Bose, SPP package. As I see on the net, most Boxsters' frunks look like Picture 1, with a full-width plastic liner with two doors, etc. Mine and some other images on internet has no such plastic liner, just a smaller on drivers side (Picture 2). Can you tell me which is the regular for my car, or what does it depend on which is in the car? I just ask because I know that my car had some repair by the previous owner and I have a slight concern whether they repaired everything like factory or just throwed in whatever part they could find, and I should look for other 'mischiefs' smile.gif Sorry, I know this is a bit stupid but bothers me.
Thanks

Frunk1.jpg

Frunk3.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, BBB said:

Mine is 2005 and is like picture 1, I’ve never seen a version like your second picture. Having BOSE doesn’t matter as the amp is under the hazard triangle storage area.

Bose may count, since as I understand, the full liner may hold a CD changer, which comes automatic with the upgraded headunit of the Bose cars. Or something like this, I dont know for sure. 

1 minute ago, Tamás Dinya said:

Bose may count, since as I understand, the full liner may hold a CD changer, which comes automatic with the upgraded headunit of the Bose cars. Or something like this, I dont know for sure. 

Not on mine. It was Bose, but no CD changer.

Still, you’ve got some more luggage space :)

Looking at the part catalogue, there are a number of options for the front luggage compartment trims.  The basic servo cover in the second picture which appears to be LHD cars only (hence not seen on any UK car which are the majority on this forum), and then 2 versions of the full width covers depending on CD changer or PCM2 installed options which come in both LHD and RHD options.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Looking at the part catalogue, there are a number of options for the front luggage compartment trims.  The basic servo cover in the second picture which appears to be LHD cars only (hence not seen on any UK car which are the majority on this forum), and then 2 versions of the full width covers depending on CD changer or PCM2 installed options which come in both LHD and RHD options.

Good detective work. Never seen that layout before (as you say LHD market specific. ) and seems like the other more familiar layout is an option - although personally I think the OP layout gives a more usable space.  

I've been into identifying parts and part numbers (and working out how part numbers contain coded info if possible) since spending 3½ year running the parts department for PalmerSport/FPA/T-Cars in the noughties.  I think it is fantastic that Porsche post their parts cats online for download for ALL their road cars (even the 959!), I've downloaded RoW and USA cats for 9x6, 9x7, 9x1.  Most manufacturers (or dealers at lest) keep part numbers let alone the whole cat a closely guarded secret until someone else publishes them on the internet.

Links to Porsche below and to VAG, BMW, Mini, Merc at the bottom

Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalogue - Porsche Great Britain

LLLParts