718 flat four turbo.

bandit_287

2017 cars are in the sweet spot for tax right now - new enough to be in the flat £180 a year tax system, but old enough to be outside of the additional 5 years of luxury car tax. 

usefully, thanks to the new flat rate starting from 2017, but the luxury car tax being a rolling 5 years from new, more and more interesting cars will fall into the flat £180 a year tax rate.

Exactly that . I just rechecked with DVLA website and once I put my details in it gives me a one off payment price of £180 for the year.. the efficiency speaks for itself. 
As I said, the thinking man’s sports car. It’s epic and reasonable to run. 
I did a run from Stuttgart to Reims last summer, 308 miles at an average 75mph, touching 130 on the unlimited stretches of autobahn and the car returned 30.9 mpg with the roof off all the way. 

Edited by Oldskool

2 hours ago, brillomaster said:

2017 cars are in the sweet spot for tax right now - new enough to be in the flat £180 a year tax system, but old enough to be outside of the additional 5 years of luxury car tax. 

usefully, thanks to the new flat rate starting from 2017, but the luxury car tax being a rolling 5 years from new, more and more interesting cars will fall into the flat £180 a year tax rate.

To be accurate, the £390 luxury car surcharge is for 5 yrs, beginning in yr 2, ending yr 6.

Yr 1 car tax contains an additional tax depending on CO2 emissions