I hate trying to selling a car!

ChuckNorris

23 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Your assessment for 986s is about right there.  Not really heard of a buyer prioritising the aero kit.  You might get good money if you can find a buyer wanting the spec you have but that is almost unicorn hunting so unlikely to move quickly.  If you need to sell, about £8k is probably the limit and even that might be keen in the current market.  986s are usually a second car so with rising mortgage rates and inflation few people have spare cash to put into them at the end of the summer season unless they want a winter project to be ready for the spring.

Yeah I think you could be bang-on with that I don't think most Boxster owners are overly concerned with looks etc. may be a bit like the MX5 which they seem to get compared to and it is more about lower owners, garage queens, weekend toys and all of that, so yeah defo a second weekend car people are certainly thinking twice about with all the up and comping cost of living issues 

55 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

As said.... if it has not sold its too expensive. 

£10k for a 986 is a lot

Quite a few 986's priced over 10k in the marketplace, but yes they are not selling as the market is flat so not necessarily price alone. The housing market is also flat at the minute and the cost of living crisis is putting a lot of people off I guess. 

32 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

But if it is priced to high for the market no one will come to see how it drives....

Yeah, I may even consider £8k for the car tbh, if someone is willing to come and view and offer without any agro and is pleasant to deal with then I'd probably sell for that. But the market is definitely very very flat at the minute.  

Simply put, zero interest = asking price too high.

If you don't need to sell, you can set your price and can hope someone agrees with your valuation.

If you do need to sell, or are motivated to sell, the market sets the price and in order to encourage interest you will need tp price it keenly.

26 minutes ago, ChuckNorris said:

Yeah, I may even consider £8k for the car tbh, if someone is willing to come and view and offer without any agro and is pleasant to deal with then I'd probably sell for that. But the market is definitely very very flat at the minute.  

you could be cheeky and try an alternative advertising strategy - remove all the references to the aero kit and M030 suspension and extras, just highlight how clean it is, how well it drives and recent maintenance - you may just get someone who knows what they are looking at thinking they have found a unicorn that the seller doesn't know what he's got.

That may get them standing on your driveway, which is half the battle

Edited by Mattman42

24 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

you could be cheeky and try an alternative advertising strategy - remove all the references to the aero kit and M030 suspension and extras, just highlight how clean it is, how well it drives and recent maintenance - you may just get someone who knows what they are looking at thinking they have found a unicorn that the seller doesn't know what he's got.

That may get them standing on your driveway, which is half the battle

I actually really like that idea so thanks for that yeah defo half the battle for sure as there are so many armchair wannabe Mike Brewers about ahaha 

I'll say it again..If it is RX04ZZU the MoT history is average at best (4 MoT failures in 10 years) and doesn't read as a well loved and maintained car.

"Work done in last 10k miles" doesn't tally with the failed MoT 6k miles ago in June 22, with a long gap to the next failed MoT in Nov 22. Maybe set out the work you have done, to clear the MoT issues, at the top of the ad. Also add the dates of and who serviced it + what work was done.

I'm not sure I would describe it as "genuine low" miles and perhaps clarify how long you have owned it (as the tax checkers shows last V5 issued 30 December 2013....)

Sorry for being brutal but it isn't a car i would look at

34 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Simply put, zero interest = asking price too high.

If you don't need to sell, you can set your price and can hope someone agrees with your valuation.

If you do need to sell, or are motivated to sell, the market sets the price and in order to encourage interest you will need tp price it keenly.

Yeah, I thought I may have gotten at least one cheeky offer but alas none so far. I think it is probably more the market is flat as there seem to be a lot of other Porsche sellers in the same boat at the minute, but I am willing to come down on the price a fair bit to try and aid in generating a sale. 

8 minutes ago, greenman986s said:

I'll say it again..If it is RX04ZZU the MoT history is average at best (4 MoT failures in 10 years) and doesn't read as a well loved and maintained car.

"Work done in last 10k miles" doesn't tally with the failed MoT 6k miles ago in June 22, with a long gap to the next failed MoT in Nov 22. Maybe set out the work you have done, to clear the MoT issues, at the top of the ad. Also add the dates of and who serviced it + what work was done.

I'm not sure I would describe it as "genuine low" miles and perhaps clarify how long you have owned it (as the tax checkers shows last V5 issued 30 December 2013....)

Sorry for being brutal but it isn't a car i would look at

No worries I like honest feedback even if it's brutal lol gives me other people's perspectives other than that of my own. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChuckNorris said:

Yeah, I may even consider £8k for the car tbh, if someone is willing to come and view and offer without any agro and is pleasant to deal with

So your asking price is £8900. That’s a lot more welcoming than 10k and makes it stand out among the 10ks. 

4 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

So your asking price is £8900. That’s a lot more welcoming than 10k and makes it stand out among the 10ks. 

Thanks yeah I'd just like to get the ball rolling so to speak and the phone ringing as its deathly quiet out there at the minute. 

So I purchased a 2003 986 S a few months ago.

I paid significantly less for a 2003 S with full SH, RMS done, upgraded IMS, new clutch,  18” 997 wheels, air con, rear sensors, hard top with a bag and stand. New condensers and various other refreshed parts and a good MOT history. 64k miles and 2 owner car. 

I saw a lot of cars that were more expensive and not in as good condition and some that were into silly money. 

Good luck with the sale.