Creaking lower ball joints

Concrete-crusher

Hi about 5 years ago and 8,000 miles I did a complete suspension overhaul including 4 x new oem lower suspension units from design 911 , the result was pretty good but there was alway a slight creak still on slow turns that I could not locate. Now 5 years later it’s creaking quite badly on slow turning and I suspect the joints are not lubricated sufficiently, I’m thinking of injecting grease into them with a zerk needle any experience of this on the forum , also is it usual for replacements to creak after a relatively short time ?

I had new top mounts at the same time , the only bit I didn’t change was the springs and inner track rods , otherwise everything including nuts and bolts was replaced. The lower joints were meyle 

1 minute ago, bally4563 said:

+2

Creaking could be anything.obviously something is dry, a mechanical obvious knock is something else , however have you checked your knees when pressing pedals!? 😂 not helpful I know but unless it was under my nose  it’s impossible to diagnose from a creak noise

6 hours ago, The Caped Crusader said:

Are you sure the tuning fork is tightened up fully where it attaches to the control arm? It is torqued quite high usually. 

5 hours ago, Concrete-crusher said:

I can certainly check the torques , it is when moving slowly you notice it 

160Nm, 118 lbft.

I read the title of the thread and wondered if it related to us older Boxster owners.

Back in the real world, all the suspension components should be tightened, accurately with the components loaded, i.e.: the car settled on a ramp and not with the wheels hanging.

May well be worth checking, loosening and re-tightening if you have a friendly facility.