Roof removal

cbxpete

Hi All,

I have a problem with water getting into the cabin on the passenger side? I thought I had sorted it, the rubber water tray/drain looked as though it had been disturbed some time ago, so I made a cover for what I thought was the where the water was getting in, put the hose pipe on and could'nt see/feel any water. But with the amount of rain we've had recently water has got in again.

My question is has anyone removed a soft top and how difficult/faff is it, so I can check that there's no crack/split in the rubber tray.

Thanks in advance,

Peter.

Have you taken the engine covers off recently? Make sure you've placed them properly. There are shaped curved lips that take water from the clip on strip. Makes a difference to channelling the rain water.

Thanks for your replies,

Both door membrane's have been replaced, door cards dry? engine covers not been off in a while, all drains clean and clear? 

There is a small rusty mark at the bottom of the role frame where it bolts to the body??

Water somehow seams to be getting behind/under the rubber tray? that's why I thinking about taking it out for a proper inspection.

Or is there anything else I could try/look for?

A bit obscure and not a Boxster, but I had a Seat Leon years ago that leaked and I couldn’t find it. Even taking it through a car wash gave me no clue.

It was my wife that eventually spotted it. Water collected at the base of the door frame, between the door and the sill. It would sit there until I braked and then gush into the car through the seal.

Tried a few things, but eventually fixed it by selling the car. Good luck with sorting it and at least you seem to have spotted it early. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike1960 said:

Tried a few things, but eventually fixed it by selling the car. Good luck with sorting it and at least you seem to have spotted it early. 

That's a work around, not really a fix.