PCM 2.1

Freeman

A short question.

Will the PCM 3.1 fitted in the 987.2 can be a straight replacement to PCM 2.1 (987.1)? The idea is to retain the CD box functionality while having Bluetooth?

Thanks

It's PCM 3.0 as an option in the 987.2 and no it wont retro to the 987.1

There's a 987.1 option for PCCM Plus (link below) if the budget is up to it and you want to keep the OE look. Other options are of course available.

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/producthighlights/pccm/

Thank you.

I know about this option but after sinking ~ £7K into the car during the last 3 months I was looking for a low cost option. To the best of my knowledge Porsche's solution is ~ 1.7K and there must be a point where enough is enough, anyway, I need to replace the front tires and comes June probably the front disks and pads.

Safety first toys later.

• Like 1

Is the CD player crucial?

Mr12volt box of tricks (trying to fit mine now), which I think uses the CD player, but rip all CDs onto a USB stick and just leave that plugged in somewhere. 200 quid ish.

I'd be amazed if you could install a PCM 3.0 for less.

Edited by Menoporsche

• 2 weeks later...

Mr12Volt pretends to be the CD multichanger, so I don't believe you can have both working.

But you can put an SD card in the Mr12Volt and this appears as 5 of the CDs with the last CD changing modes between Bluetooth/USB/AUX - I can't see why you'd still want to use the CD multichanger, and the dash slot still works if you're a nostalgist (like I am).

Highly recommended!