Rear drain hole Clear out

Graham W

My dealer did it by simply undoing the top fixing, and the ones down the wheel arch.

He then pulled the panel out at the top and reached in and removed them. It was tight but thats how he did it.

Edited by RichW426

Surely can you not thread a air line down from the top and blow them out, regardless of the cap if the area gets some pressure behind it should blow out?

48 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Surely can you not thread a air line down from the top and blow them out, regardless of the cap if the area gets some pressure behind it should blow out?

It’s organics pour some drain cleaner down and then let it rest and follow with a air line, , my approach will let you know how I go on

29 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

It’s organics pour some drain cleaner down and then let it rest and follow with a air line, , my approach will let you know how I go on

2 drains from the top, have to do both, not easy to find, and if you do then you'll be leaving the fabric cover on the end of the drain and future potential issues, best to remove that then less chance of issue in the future. plus some of the things I got out of mine would take a few years to dissolve in drain cleaner and would never have got blown out.

Edited by CMA

When iI cleaned mine out last year, they were filthy. Glad i did it.

I removed the rubber diaphragm from the drain plug, but i put the plastic plug back into the end of the drains when i put everything back together . (Without the rubber valve)

WIll this be OK? (or would i have been better leaving the whole plug off?)

8 minutes ago, moonshine said:

When iI cleaned mine out last year, they were filthy. Glad i did it.

I removed the rubber diaphragm from the drain plug, but i put the plastic plug back into the end of the drains when i put everything back together . (Without the rubber valve)

WIll this be OK? (or would i have been better leaving the whole plug off?)

That's the same as I did

• Like 1