Chrono clock moisture

alank

Ive a new sports chrono asa warranty replacement (hand warped and fell off) - the new one gets condensation in cold weather with the roof down  - it seems to go away when the instrument  lights are on (heat must help) and when teh weather warms up.

must be a “feature”

The original owner of my car complained to Porsche and they were very relucatant to change the clock as they said it was 'normal' but eventually bowed to pressure. This was some years ago.

Today - The clock still condenstates, a little, sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a pretty common ‘fault’.  If you drive with roof down in cold weather with the heater on it will likely get some condensation in, I guess due to being hot behind and being hit with cold air on the lens = condensation.  It soon clears if you put the roof up, or it gets warmer, no big deal.

Have had this previously but seems to have gone away now - this on a car that’s always garaged.  Predecessor Lotus used to have the same issue with the Stack display too which bothered me more.

Currently have a brand new (48 miles) Macan GTS loan vehicle and noticed that both headlights were condensated when I got home - after having been on for the hour journey home, wouldn’t be pleased if that was my car.

Edited by Carmand

18 minutes ago, Carmand said:

Have had this previously but seems to have gone away now - this on a car that’s always garaged.  Predecessor Lotus used to have the same issue with the Stack display too which bothered me more.

Currently have a brand new (48 miles) Macan GTS loan vehicle and noticed that both headlights were condensated when I got home - after having been on for the hour journey home, wouldn’t be pleased if that was my car.

They all do that. LED lights don't heat up and drive the moisture out, or so it seems. My 718 does this on the rear too sometimes.