Porsche OPC Service…..any branches to avoid?

Tigerstew

Hi guys

my 981s boxster is due for its major service soon, are there any opcs I should avoid or would you say they are all pretty consistently good. 

Im from the midlands but more than happy to get it serviced somewhere else.

thanks

36 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

You still need OPC for warranty? Or preferred?

My car still has 18 months left of the approved used warranty so I’ve got to get the full service done at a opc for it to remain valid…..so it’s going to cost a lot but it’s got to be done I suppose.

Any opcs you recommend?

also once the warranty has ended I’ll be using a independent….any recommendations there as well? In the midlands

4 hours ago, Tigerstew said:

My car still has 18 months left of the approved used warranty so I’ve got to get the full service done at a opc for it to remain valid…

I was under the impression that if any service work is carried out to the Porsche schedule and official parts used you can get the service done at an Indy and your warranty will still be valid. It’s only an issue if you want it extended when it expires. 🤷‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

I was under the impression that if any service work is carried out to the Porsche schedule and official parts used you can get the service done at an Indy and your warranty will still be valid. It’s only an issue if you want it extended when it expires. 🤷‍♂️ 

Oh really? Can anyone else validate this as well? Would save me a lot if I got this done through an indy with official parts

14 minutes ago, Tigerstew said:

Oh really? Can anyone else validate this as well? Would save me a lot if I got this done through an indy with official parts

Have a read the small print, servicing and repairs need to be done by OPC https://assets-v2.porsche.com/gb/-/media/Project/PCOM/SharedSite/Porsche-Service/Vehicle-Information/Approved-Warranty/PCGB/Porsche-Approved-Warranty-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf

Page 4:
A claim made under Your Policy for the repair or replacement of a defective system or component shall be invalid to the extent that the defect results from any of the following:
c) Service, repair, or maintenance has previously been performed on the Vehicle by you or a third party who is not an authorised Porsche Centre/Porsche Service Centre;

Although if you have fresh brakes fitted by an independent but use genuine parts I doubt a claim for gear box failure would be refused. but servicing is an easy one for them to refuse a claim as its not stamped in the book.

For me I didn't find the OPC massively dearer than independent, and offset it with the fact I'd take the day off specifically to go for a drive it a nice new Porsche.

For my upcoming 8-year service, the most expensive quote from an OPC was 48% more than the least expensive OPC (2-month wait list!), so worth shopping around. And in the past, a recommended indie was more expensive than the relatively adjacent (to them) OPC. Unfortunately no experienced indies near my home and as I still have Porsche Approved warranty, I'm headed for the OPC.  Those Zuffenhaus prices for major service look good, depending on what they include (eg brake fluid, spark plugs, drive belt etc).

Edited by BrianJ

3 minutes ago, BrianJ said:

For my upcoming 8-year service, the most expensive quote from an OPC was 48% more than the least expensive OPC (2-month wait list!), so worth shopping around. And in the past, a recommended indie was more expensive than the relatively adjacent (to them) OPC. Unfortunately no experienced indies near my home and as I still have Porsche Approved warranty, I'm headed for the OPC.  

Who’s the cheapest?