Shifters

Bbooxxsstteerr

I held back from typing, "b*ll*x" to the above 🤣

Back on topic. After driving my 986 with a 987 shifter and my 987 with a new shifter and cables, the 986 is definitely more snicky. Are the 6 speed boxes exactly the same?

1 hour ago, phazed said:

helped by a different throttle body on the RS60...anyone know?

Its nothing to do with the throttle body. Its down to how much the road tax is. More road tax equals more torque apparently..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TV8 said:

Its nothing to do with the throttle body. Its down to how much the road tax is. More road tax equals more torque apparently..

You can say that again. After establishing that my newly acquired S costs almost 3 times as much in annual car tax than my extremely comprehensive insurance policy (big hand for Carole Nash) and materially more than my Scirocco daily hack that does 4x the mileage, I will admit that I have parked my otherwise extremely transparent approach to Boxster costs I’ve been adopting with my wife. 

7 hours ago, Bbooxxsstteerr said:

You can say that again. After establishing that my newly acquired S costs almost 3 times as much in annual car tax than my extremely comprehensive insurance policy (big hand for Carole Nash) and materially more than my Scirocco daily hack that does 4x the mileage, I will admit that I have parked my otherwise extremely transparent approach to Boxster costs I’ve been adopting with my wife. 

Hopefully, yours is not a 2006 car or it would be 5 times the cost! approx £700!

11 hours ago, TV8 said:

Hopefully, yours is not a 2006 car or it would be 5 times the cost! approx £700!

Autumn 2004. Band K. I think I’m supposed to be grateful to HM Government for the discount.

• Haha 1

I think I paid 710 pounds for the pleasure yesterday!

47 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Is that why you have a 710 cap on the engine?

???

• 2 weeks later...