987.2 v 987.1 wing/fender differences

tdar1992

I am repairing my car at the moment due to some front end damage. 

I have a 987.2 but finding a N/S front wing has been nearly impossible. Unfortunately the damage has also gone to the plastic tray that holds the lights.

Does anybody know if this plastic tray is the same across both 987.1 and 987.2? I can source a new wing directly from Porsche but wondering if I can use the tray from a car that is being broken? 

I dont know if they are the same - but - you can check the parts listing ( downloadable from here https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/) - and check the part numbers - 987.2 will be listed something like MJ 2009->  

(MJ - Model Jahre - Model Year) 

There has been an up issue on the wings between the .1 (987 503 031 00) and the .2 (987 503 031 02).  The devil is in the detail in part numbers like this, the up issue could be just for a different spec of material (source, alloy, even thickness) or it could be a minor profile change.

The light mounting tray are completely different numbers.

I don't know if you are looking for 2nd. hand parts, but if you do I know about a 987.1 that is being parted by someone near Leads, I might be able to find more details but not before Thu. or Fri.