Jonny Smith - new video

Danncus

Thanks for posting that. Very enjoyable, both the content and for some reason, when I watched the embedded video, it didnt interrupt with adverts but when I looked on YouTube directly, adverts straight away. 

@phazed Don't watch this re the ECU repair - <£500.....

53 minutes ago, TV8 said:

Thanks for posting that. Very enjoyable, both the content and for some reason, when I watched the embedded video, it didnt interrupt with adverts but when I looked on YouTube directly, adverts straight away. 

@phazed Don't watch this re the ECU repair - <£500.....

Noooooooooooooooooo!

I will watch it later just to see if it is like for like but hopefully it’s not! My unit could not be salvaged apparently and I had a pay £500 for a good used one with a warranty.

I had actually managed to block the experience from my memory, but now you have reactivated it sadly! 😅

• Haha 2

Basically any Boxster is going to cost you a minimum of £4-5k even if the purchase price is half that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Basically any Boxster is going to cost you a minimum of £4-5k even if the purchase price is half that...

If only…

2 hours ago, phazed said:

If only…

I did say minimum, and like many of us you have taken the 'Whilst I'm in there' approach, but maybe to an extreme!

Good plug for Dean and team at La Rose / Eporsch. 

• Like 1

He could hear the cooling fans and promptly points over his shoulder to the rear ... 

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

I did say minimum, and like many of us you have taken the 'Whilst I'm in there' approach, but maybe to an extreme!

Quite possibly!

still a bit of work to do.

Edited by phazed

9 hours ago, edc said:

He could hear the cooling fans and promptly points over his shoulder to the rear ... 

Excuse my ignorance and I appreciate the rads are behind the front bumper but are there no fans near the mid location of the engine?

I'm sure I heard a fan behind me when struck in traffic. ..

Edited by charlieboy2608

At 20.30 in the video, there is another smaller module visible under the seat. Im curious as to what it is, because mine has a wring plug there  but no module.

Presumably its not something vital ? 

53 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Excuse my ignorance and I appreciate the rads are behind the front bumper but are there no fans near the mid location of the engine?

Yes, I am pretty sure there is one behind the side vent.  Can't remember which side but I'm sure I've had it out and cleaned it.

15 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

At 20.30 in the video, there is another smaller module visible under the seat. Im curious as to what it is, because mine has a wring plug there  but no module.

Presumably its not something vital ? 

This? 53657971765_23d6059a31_o.jpg
Don't know what that is.  Seatbelt/baby seat thing?

Edited by Daboy3000

1 hour ago, charlieboy2608 said:

There is a fan offside for blowing out hot air. The opposite side is air intake. But the cooling system fans are up front. 

20 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

This? 53657971765_23d6059a31_o.jpg
Don't know what that is.  Seatbelt/baby seat thing?

Not sure exactly of picture but there is a child seat airbag deactivation device that needs plugging in to work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edc said:

There is a fan offside for blowing out hot air. The opposite side is air intake. But the cooling system fans are up front. 

Thanks for confirming...I thought I'd gone completely mad 😉