Door speakers

charlieboy2608

I've removed bad data above @charlieboy2608.

They are 5¼" or 13cm or at least the ones I bought that fitted straight into the door speaker boxes last autumn were.

8 minutes ago, mike597 said:

Ummm... Aren't they 6.5? 

Thanks for suggesting the error.  Correct info above.

4 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I've removed bad data above @charlieboy2608.

They are 5¼" or 13cm or at least the ones I bought that fitted straight into the door speaker boxes last autumn were.

Thanks for suggesting the error.  Correct info above.

In conclusion a 5 1/4" fits but 6 1/2" is porsche oem?

19 hours ago, Fat Rat said:

My after market 5 1/4” fitted snug in my boxes.

Just had to slot the mounting holes. Some will fit straight in.

6 minutes ago, 999mch said:

I added 13cm/5.25" into my doors a couple of years back, straight fit. I went for Alpine SXE-1325S.

Glad you've come up with 13cm/5¼", thought I was going mad.  I could be the PCD of the fixing points that 6½".

Pioneer TS-G1331i were fitted to the doors along with Alpine SXE-0825S in the rear storage top box and Pioneer TS-G1031i in the dash.  I added 4ohm ballast resistors to the dash and door speakers and connected them to the head unit as front speakers, the Alpines as rear.  This way both speaker sets present the same resistance to each of the channels on the head unit.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Glad you've come up with 13cm/5¼", thought I was going mad.  I could be the PCD of the fixing points that 6½".

Pioneer TS-G1331i were fitted to the doors along with Alpine SXE-0825S in the rear storage top box and Pioneer TS-G1031i in the dash.  I added 4ohm ballast resistors to the dash and door speakers and connected them to the head unit as front speakers, the Alpines as rear.  This way both speaker sets present the same resistance to each of the channels on the head unit.

I'm half tempted to pull my door apart. I could've sworn I fitted 6.5 albeit 12 or more years back. 

3 hours ago, mike597 said:

I'm half tempted to pull my door apart. I could've sworn I fitted 6.5 albeit 12 or more years back. 

Did you use the black plastic acoustic boxes from the OE installation?

8 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Did you use the black plastic acoustic boxes from the OE installation?

From what I recall, yes. I know you can create a custom baffle but I don't think I did that. 

1 hour ago, mike597 said:

From what I recall, yes. I know you can create a custom baffle but I don't think I did that. 

Was it a Bose car?

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 10:32 PM, Fat Rat said:

My after market 5 1/4” fitted snug in my boxes.

Ss

Just had to slot the mounting holes. Some will fit straight in.

S

Looking at your pictures would I be correct in thinking that the door membrane doesn't need to be disturbed?

Edited by charlieboy2608

On 4/22/2024 at 9:59 PM, charlieboy2608 said:

Looking at your pictures would I be correct in thinking that the door membrane doesn't need to be disturbed?

As above. Membrane stays on. Just be careful removing the door fittings. Plastic clips etc are brittle after 20 odd years. One of my handle covers broke a clip. Managed to glue. The door card clips are a common breaking point. 🤙🏻