My new Boxster 981

deanmr2

Here are a couple of pictures of my new to me Boxster 981 and I absolutely love it. I just had the PSE retrofitted and it sounds absolutely amazing just can’t get the smile off my face every time I go for a drive. I have owned a 986 and 987 Boxster S’s but I have got to say the 981 takes the Boxster to a new level, it just seems much more grown up and in my eyes a much more stylish car interior and exterior wise. All Boxsters are brilliant but I think Porsche upped their game when they designed the 981. I plan on doing an Italian lakes road trip next year but in the meantime I will enjoy the car to the max. Life is good.IMG-2921.jpgIMG-2436.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice 👌 

You can see the DNA and the evolution of the design coming through in the 981.

More roomy in the cabin too , which I need.

Enjoy 

Might see you on a run round the scottish ‘lakes’ over the summer……..😂

37 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Well done, and welcome to the red interior club. A trip around the Italian lakes, perfect Boxster use. Enjoy .

I like red interiors but when I saw the pictures of the car I wasn’t so sure but when I went to view the Boxster I absolutely loved it’s red interior I think the colour really lifts the cabin plus it has the extended leather which makes it a great place to be feels very luxurious.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ribroaster3 said:

Very nice 👌 

You can see the DNA and the evolution of the design coming through in the 981.

More roomy in the cabin too , which I need.

Enjoy 

Might see you on a run round the scottish ‘lakes’ over the summer……..😂

Do you go to ‘Porsche in the Glen’ in East Kilbride if you do maybe bump into you there if not might we’ll see you round the Scottish lakes.

1 minute ago, deanmr2 said:

Do you go to ‘Porsche in the Glen’ in East Kilbride if you do maybe bump into you there if not might we’ll see you round the Scottish lakes.

Not been anywhere yet mate-I’ve only been a Boxster owner since September last year and didn’t drive my 986s much over winter. Now in my 981 so looking forward to top down motoring and rediscovering some Scottish roads.

IMG_0871

2 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

I like red interiors but when I saw the pictures of the car I wasn’t so sure but when I went to view the Boxster I absolutely loved it’s red interior I think the colour really lifts the cabin plus it has the extended leather which makes it a great place to be feels very luxurious.

Yep, extended leather here too it's nice. My car is  Rhodium silver. Looks good with black cars too, although for many a red interior is their worst nightmare.  An orange car with a red interior was for sale on Auto trader a few weeks back, that did NOT look good 😊 

Welcome to the club. 
Your car is stunning! 
I came from a 997 and could never sell my 981 - there is just that something very special about them. 
Get a pair of BMC air filters to hear some extra induction!

I cleaned mine out at the weekend and boy they were filthy!

Enjoy 🚗 💨 

I'm just back from a trip around Lake Garda - pre season. Speed limits are 50kph all around the lake and the one good road in the region, the Strada della Forra, was closed due to a landslide and didn't look to be opening any time soon.

Apart from that, it was a great place to visit. We stayed at Malchesine, then Riva del Garda before touring down the west side of the lake and staying at Pescheria del Garda. Lovely spots with great food and wines - and not too dear. The good thing about being out of season was that there was loads of parking available and not too many tourists. We did a day trip to Verona (worth doing) and didn't even have to queue to get into Juliet's balcony. We got a recommendation to visit Borghetto and that was worth a visit - houses built in the river for protection. in the mid 80s I did a trip around Como, but can't recall much about that. I hear that Maggiore is the pick of them.

20 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

I'm just back from a trip around Lake Garda - pre season. Speed limits are 50kph all around the lake and the one good road in the region, the Strada della Forra, was closed due to a landslide and didn't look to be opening any time soon.

Apart from that, it was a great place to visit. We stayed at Malchesine, then Riva del Garda before touring down the west side of the lake and staying at Pescheria del Garda. Lovely spots with great food and wines - and not too dear. The good thing about being out of season was that there was loads of parking available and not too many tourists. We did a day trip to Verona (worth doing) and didn't even have to queue to get into Juliet's balcony. We got a recommendation to visit Borghetto and that was worth a visit - houses built in the river for protection. in the mid 80s I did a trip around Como, but can't recall much about that. I hear that Maggiore is the pick of them.

Thanks for the info we plan next year but never too early to start planning 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 2:55 PM, deanmr2 said:

Here are a couple of pictures of my new to me Boxster 981 and I absolutely love it. I just had the PSE retrofitted and it sounds absolutely amazing just can’t get the smile off my face every time I go for a drive. I have owned a 986 and 987 Boxster S’s but I have got to say the 981 takes the Boxster to a new level, it just seems much more grown up and in my eyes a much more stylish car interior and exterior wise. All Boxsters are brilliant but I think Porsche upped their game when they designed the 981. I plan on doing an Italian lakes road trip next year but in the meantime I will enjoy the car to the max. Life is good.IMG-2921.jpgIMG-2436.jpg

Congrats!  I've just bought one with all the same colours, just not necessarily (to paraphrase Eric Morecambe) in the same order! You'll see what I mean when I get round to posting details.

1 hour ago, KJH said:

Lovely car, well done from a fellow weegie 981 owner

Cheers

Kevin

Is 981 Weegie’s have got to stick together 😂

On 4/22/2024 at 5:48 PM, ribroaster3 said:

Not been anywhere yet mate-I’ve only been a Boxster owner since September last year and didn’t drive my 986s much over winter. Now in my 981 so looking forward to top down motoring and rediscovering some Scottish roads.

IMG_0871

Tasty - even the deer is taking a look.

• Like 1