On the subject of tyres ....

alank

Has anyone used Yokohama Advan Sport V105 on their 981. I had them on my old 986 and they seemed a nice all round tyre.  Or any other brands apart from Pirelli and Michelin . Just curious, as i have Pirelli PO at moment and am thinking about future choice, not sure if keeping to NO rated tyres has any advantage . Dont think it is an insurance requirment, only a requirment if Porsche Warranty is involved.

Update, looks like these Yoko's are porsche rated anyway , so on they will go i think.

The Yoko Advan v35 is factory fitted for the Cayenne anyway, 

I have the V107 on my 987... great tyre, typical of Yokohama really.

N rating is only a requirement from Porsche if you have a Porsche warranty, if not it is not relevent at all

Edited by Bike Loon
  • Thanks 1

I understand the NO rated Michelin PS4s tyres have a blend of 3 compounds accross the tread width, for example a harder compund on the outer edges of the tread to stand up to hard cornering etc.

Porsche have dropped the NO requirement for warranty purposes according to a thread on PH.

At the moment, the Porsche NO tyres are cheaper than  the generic PS4 S versions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Worth comparing the load ratings on the PS4s with the official spec for the car - whilst they are N rated I suspect that will be OE spec for a 911?  
Porsche are in the process of introducing model specific N ratings now to distinguish more clearly, NA for 911 and NB for Boxster/Cayman - though I’ve not seen any of the latter yet.

• Like 1

WOW , did that include the wheels,😂  I think i'm out of touch with tyre prices, mine came with new P's  4 years ago, so have not bought any in that time.. I remember buying the Yoko's for the 986 , and the rears were £110, fast forward , bit of a difference now it seems. 

Just sold my 987 which would have required new 18 inch rears, had I kept it, at £440 . Newly acquired 981 has 20 inch Pirellis so not looking forward to the cost when time comes. But then again it goes with the territory.

If you have to stick to Pirelli's, 20" N1 are much much better than N0. Better grip (especially in wet) and more compliant ride. More like I remember Michelins in fact.