987 Spyder suddenly selling.

OK thought I’d share my observations on the 987 Spyder market. I’d love to buy one but currently have a 981 which I’ve not sold previously when I advertised it. Then carried on visually modding it at great expense which now sees me probably hanging on to it. 
Any way. I’ve been watching 987 Spyder’s on various sites that have been for sale and some have been around for literally months and months. But all of a sudden they have all been sold. Great for the sellers and I’m just wondering if they have caught the eye of potential buyers as a good sound future classic 🤷‍♂️What do others think?

Pic of my current 981
IMG-5885.jpg

(Conspiracy) Porsche are buying them all back to refresh them and resell them as Anniversary Editions at £45k each (/Conspiracy)

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

(Conspiracy) Porsche are buying them all back to refresh them and resell them as Anniversary Editions at £45k each (/Conspiracy)

I’d definitely be in at that price 👍

56 minutes ago, Carmand said:

Time of year?  That and the fact there are only 100 odd UK cars anyway.

Not only do I love the overall package and design. The rarity factor is definitely something I like 👍

59 minutes ago, Carmand said:

Time of year?  That and the fact there are only 100 odd UK cars anyway.

This, plus the fact there were probably a few people keeping an eye on them to see if the prices would drop due to them not selling. Once the sun came out and one sold, maybe that prompted a few of the watchers to buy as they realised the prices were not going down this year?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

I’m out at that price 😂👍

I'm shakin it all about at that price.

• Haha 1

Interesting thread, I have a low mileage 987 Spyder and noticed the same (ie few for sale but now all gone in the past few weeks). 

I have an itch to buy a 981/718 Spyder but the 987 is really well proportioned, plenty fast for the road, and I prefer the gearing of the older car.  

will be interesting to see where values on the 987 go over time.  

On 5/16/2024 at 8:19 AM, scaramanga said:

Interesting thread, I have a low mileage 987 Spyder and noticed the same (ie few for sale but now all gone in the past few weeks). 

I have an itch to buy a 981/718 Spyder but the 987 is really well proportioned, plenty fast for the road, and I prefer the gearing of the older car.  

will be interesting to see where values on the 987 go over time.  

I’m not sure they will increase but I also think they are not going to decrease. So I think they’re pretty safe. But then that’s just my opinion 

On 5/13/2024 at 12:36 PM, Ringmaster999 said:

OK thought I’d share my observations on the 987 Spyder market. I’d love to buy one but currently have a 981 which I’ve not sold previously when I advertised it. Then carried on visually modding it at great expense which now sees me probably hanging on to it. 
Any way. I’ve been watching 987 Spyder’s on various sites that have been for sale and some have been around for literally months and months. But all of a sudden they have all been sold. Great for the sellers and I’m just wondering if they have caught the eye of potential buyers as a good sound future classic 🤷‍♂️What do others think?

Pic of my current 981
IMG-5885.jpg

What prices have you seen for them?

I may look for one in the near future 

On 5/17/2024 at 8:21 PM, zagamuffin said:

That cars at Ashgood now , deal arranged after it didn’t sell for 27k 

For £48K !