My insurance renewal - a result!

Boxob

Boxster insurance up for renewal - last year with AA: £273 renewal £326 (+19%)

Coinsidentally the Espace is also due for renewal - last year with More Than: (IIRC) £370 renewal £380 (+3%)

So phoned More Than and negotiatiated a reduction to £331 just with threat of moving elsewhere.

Then phoned AA to get improvement on Boxster's £326 but no movement. So asked what could be done if I moved Espace to them as well?

First: £15 off Boxster insurance

Second: free Legal cover normally £27

Third: Espace premium of £207

Fourth: Free 12 month trial of home emergency insurance (you know the one, Cleese: "faulty showers!") normally £77.

Fifth: No changes to cover or excesses (£250)

So overall a useful saving of £184 (-26%) and in addition £27 legal cover and £77 home emergency cover! banana.gif

I don't know what's going on with the insurance market at the moment but I recently renewed my Admiral multicar policy. I already had 3 cars on it but my Son just bought his first car - 2002 Mazda MX5 1.8 sport. He's 19 and only has 2 years NCB as a named driver on one of my cars. By bringing his car into my multicar policy, his quote (in his own name!) dropped from about £1100, which we already thought was pretty good, to £720 fully comp! Equally amazing was the effect it had on the existing cars in my policy. My Fiesta, which my daughter has now taken over, dropped over £200; my Audi A6 2.7 TDI dropped over £150 to about £260 and the Boxster dropped about £50 to just over £300. All of us have business use; Fiesa, Audi and Boxster are all on protected NCBs.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Called AA to add the third car but it was more expensive than the renewal quote from MoreThan. So on to Compare the Market et voila same cover from SAGA (no jokes it's the wife's car and she's sensitive) saving £60 (-17%)! So this year a total £238 saving (or 23% reduction) across the three cars plus the freebies I mentioned above. It pays to shop and shift.

Well done, I wish a lot more people would do it spend a bit of time and you can get some cracking deals, the more that do it the better the competition will be between the insurance companies and hopefully the cheaper car insurance will become.

well that's the theory.

Guvs.

My insurance with LV last year offered me to match my 65% no claims at cost of £450 but on condition I restart the Tracker unit costing £140 a year. This year, Tesco quoted £350 without the need to maintain the Tracker but I did'nt tell them it had this fitted to my car. What was great was the renewal schedule indicated 65% no claims so this was transferred also.

It just bites me that we have to change brokers every year. What happened to cutomer loyality ?

It's way more expensive to process a new customer , than update an existing one.

Archived