Insurance that covers trackdays

Wul 250

Before I renew my insurrance as it's due at the end of the month does anyone now of any insurrance companies that will cover you for track days and the Nurburgring?

I've found a few companies that'll provide cover for track days on their own but they're quoting between £150 and £350 per track day.

Might be worth ringing Manning - TBH I have no idea if they'd cover The Ring but given their cover for UK days is pretty comprehensive, they might.

I use Competition Car Insurance - 5 days pa included foc + excess of only road cover +£1k

Previously used Aviva (not Aviva direct) - variuous brokers offer this on their behalf but cover is £125 ish per day and excess of 10% of car value.

For Nurburgring you are are on your own I fear (unless someone knows different)

• 1 month later...

I've just had a quote from Competition Car Insurance for my RS60 at what I think is a very reasonable £700 when you consider that track day cover seems to be a minimum of about £250 a time.

I've just had a quote from Competition Car Insurance for my RS60 at what I think is a very reasonable £700 when you consider that track day cover seems to be a minimum of about £250 a time.

Feel free to compare against this, also, check what cover you get with the bolt on.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013/03/trackday-insurance-cover-from-sky-insurance/

Agree totally - also the excess is a very reasonable £1k + normal road excess.

One dayers are typically 10% of the cars value!!!

I've been with CCI for 3 years on the GT3 - not needed to claim (thankfully)

but they always managed to beat everyone else on price, and with track cover - good to deal with too, real peop

I have used them before with my Lotus, when you consider cover includes 5 trackdays with the option of two abroad (except the ring) it's a no brainer.

Not sure what I did there but it's come out wrong

Classic line:

Track Day and Rally Cover: As we know you like to see the full potential of your Porsche. The Porsche Car Club are always organising events, and as such we’ll even cover them free of charge.

Mmm, so they cover track days but only Porsche Club-organised ones. Not particularly useful. Shame cost that's a good price.

Archived