What's going on with renewals this year?

Had two renewal quotes so far on the fleet, both of them have come in cheaper than last year's premium and both cheaper than a quick search on the insurance portals turns up.

What's going on?

I'm used to renewal quotes being at least 30% up and having to shop around for a deal. Did something change this year?

Not complaining, hate the annual chore of shopping around for the best quotes.

Insurance firms are clamping down of the Whiplash scam and in consequence premiums are falling. Apparently this scam has cost us on average £50 a year on our insurance.

It's not so much of a surprise that premiums are down, morr surprised that the initial renewal quotes from my existing insurers are so competitive, I don't recall ever being able to simply renew, as long as I can remember I've had to shop around to get a decent quote.

It always seemed the caw that they reeled you in with a decent price on year one then ratcheted it up subsequently using the customer inertia principle to make their money.

Actually that could have a bearing, nanny has just turned thirty.

You should treat her to a good night out with some of the money you saved. Leave the wife at home or you will be erode your saving ;)

You should treat her to a good night out with some of the money you saved. Leave the wife at home or you will be erode your saving ;)

I'd be happy to fund you a evening with her, you'd need a stiff drink.

Great with the kids, looks that can curdle milk at 100 paces.

I'd be happy to fund you a evening with her, you'd need a stiff drink.

Haha I was suggesting you not putting myself forward ;) Still, what's the pay like ? I might have an evening job as a gigolo haha

Wife's choice then?!

Sounds like a man with experience.

I have clearly screwed up here, our new nanny is kind of hot

Wife's choice then?!
Sounds like a man with experience.
I have clearly screwed up here, our new nanny is kind of hot

I think I should be the judge of that ;) PM me a pic of the both of you ;)

I have 4 years no claims and 4 years driving experience, my insurance went from £1000 on a Merc SLK 200K 51 plate to £400 on a Boxster S.

Go figure?!

Pretty simple in my eyes. SLK = lots of useless women drivers :D so lots more claims. Boxster = gay guys who like it to look pretty on the drive :D

Think I might move insurers this year. Full track day cover is good but £650+ for cover on a 10 year old car with full no claims is taking the p*ss IMHO. Might even try the new Porsche Club insurers.

Think I might move insurers this year. Full track day cover is good but £650+ for cover on a 10 year old car with full no claims is taking the p*ss IMHO. Might even try the new Porsche Club insurers.

at 10 years old you qualify for modern classic, I pay less than 300 pa (albeit limited mileage), call RH Insurance for a quote - no affiliation (but you know that). One downside though is you don't get any no-claims bonus with classic insurance.

Archived