Can you put a towbar on a 981?

Stuart21UK

A new attachment to my 981 that I didn't want this afternoon....a towbar....with attached Freelander...

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

The guy that reversed into me (in stationary traffic) to let out someone from a side road was thoroughly apologetic and said it was his fault...(I have dash cam footage to prove it anyway ;) )

A friendly passer by got out his adjustable spanners and removed  the tow bar to release me...

IMG_4539.jpg

Now I have an insurance claim pending

Ouch!! Hopefully its just trim & theres no oil cooler behind there! Looks like Freelander parking sensors don't pick up Boxsters or the driver was deaf/ignoring the sensors screaming at them!

Fingers crossed it gets sorted a.s.a.p

4 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

Sorry to hear this Stu - hope it's hassle free to sort.

Free Freelander though #EveryCloud 

..had one a few years back and although a diesel it was almost as bad at fuel economy as the Boxster!

In fact the only good thing about it was the ability to park where you wanted (village greens, fields etc) and the fact it retained its value so when we px'd it for the Peugeot they gave US £6000 cash plus the Peugeot in exchange for them taking the Freelander!

Commiserations . Don't use this as an excuse to trade on to a 718. I tend not to be so affectionate to my cars once damaged but this does look fairly minor.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Nimmo12 said:

Commiserations . Don't use this as an excuse to trade on to a 718. I tend not to be so affectionate to my cars once damaged but this does look fairly minor.

Cheers

no danger of that, I prefer the 981 ;)

Archived