Cheap Dateless plate MIG 9875

Southy

5 hours ago, Southy said:

Following on from my recent purchase of MIG 9865

I saw that MIG 9875 is available for £253 - bargain dateless car related plate.

http://www.plates4less.co.uk/private-number-plate/MIG9875-classified

Surely that must be a sign that Mrs Southy needs a 987S?

Yikes. £250 for a MIG XXXX plate?  I paid £20 for my KIG XXXX plate from eBay, although that was some time ago, admittedly......

All these "hide the year" plates do not impress me very much to be honest, I can see the point of having a plate that means something to the owner/car whatever but just to hide the year of manufacturer seems pointless or at best shows a desperate attempt by the owner to hide the fact they cannot afford a new/younger car.

Every time I see an old Irish plate those are my thoughts..........just my opinion though, being honest. 

53 minutes ago, noggieboxa said:

Yikes. £250 for a MIG XXXX plate?  I paid £20 for my KIG XXXX plate from eBay, although that was some time ago, admittedly......

£30 for a WNZ plate..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WNZ-2348-CHERISHED-NUMBER-REGISTRATION-PLATE-PRIVATE-NUMBER-/391550176967?hash=item5b2a358ec7:g:fz4AAOSwbsBXo1hZ

£220 gets you 'JIG8 996'  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JIG-8996-dateless-reg-/390895177454?hash=item5b032b0eee

8 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

All these "hide the year" plates do not impress me very much to be honest, I can see the point of having a plate that means something to the owner/car whatever but just to hide the year of manufacturer seems pointless or at best shows a desperate attempt by the owner to hide the fact they cannot afford a new/younger car.

Every time I see an old Irish plate those are my thoughts..........just my opinion though, being honest. 

Yes, agreed.  I associate these cheap dateless plates with buses...and hearses!

31 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Yes, agreed.  I associate these cheap dateless plates with buses...and hearses!

Funnily enough we see tons of holiday coaches this way in the Summer and almost all without exception has a "dateless" plate, not sure about other peeps but if I am travelling on a coach on windy, hilly country lanes I want the reg to be at very least a Noughty and preferably a Teen plate, not a 1970's repainted wreck :ph34r:

On 9/7/2016 at 6:35 PM, Boxbrownie said:

I put them on new and old cars.  Some mean something to us, others were just purchased as investments.

eta: No hearses or buses here. ^_^ 

Archived