Vented seats

Menoporsche

I have them on my 981 and they are a bit of a luxury THB. I have only used them a few times but if I lived where you do I could see them in use all the time.

I could see a proper retro fit being a little fiddly and I should think the only way to do it would be to get a pair of s/h seats with it fitted and sell your old ones. Might be difficult to find in this country but more likely in hotter climes.

:lol: You think all Continentals have those proclivities? :lol: 

Never tried them and the question is 95% theoretical, but thought I'd ask it just in case the 5% comes up :)  Presumably I can take them off a crashed 911? Airbags aside.

I should think that the 911 seats are basically the same and if you twisted my arm I would admit that I probably wouldn't bother with them again.

I suspect that its just a fan that you could wire to a switch if you weren't bothered about it being OEM but when turned on it does feel like the air has been cooled like its plumbed into the aircon or something.

I believe so, that's why I'd swap seats rather than try to install it into seats I have.

Interesting comment topradio, I'd assumed it was indeed linked up to the aircon (never having seen or experienced them!). So perhaps it's no more than an air chamber, fan and perforated seat back after all?

Archived