Wot no Porsche?

Terryg

I was at the Manchester Classic Car Show yesterday and apart from the ever partisan 924 boys (not impressed I added a Boxster to the fleet) there were no other Porsches! Now bearing in mind the MX5 and MR2 enthusiatss where there in numbers would it not be possible for one of the Porsche clubs to put on a bit of a show?

Possibly the wrong zone for the post but I only really user the 986 bit

Terry

Definition of a classic? 20, 25 years old? Modern classic? Mk2 MR2s were from 1990, I think MX5s similar. You'd struggle to find a Boxster from 1996.  Maybe still a bit new. 

Let the turbos establish themselves, then the 986 will be a classic ;).

Menoporsche

I meant NO PORSCHE AT ALL apart from 924, actually I lie there was a 914 and another whose number I can't recall but they weren't on Porsche stands. Seems odd for one of the most desirable brands in the World

Terry

16 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

My apologies. But this was posted in the 986 forum ;) 

Menoporsche, no that was my fault I can understand why you said that.

57 minutes ago, Southy said:

I think it depends what pcgb region it is my region 13 seem to go to the opening of an envelope hence why I joined ?

Southy, Porsche owners in Cheshire are probably largely ...... actually no I won't say what I was thinking.

10 minutes ago, Terryg said:

Southy, Porsche owners in Cheshire are probably largely ...... actually no I won't say what I was thinking.

:o

Cheers, Baggers.

10 minutes ago, Terryg said:

I said "probably" and "largely" that left plenty of room for the decent guys, of which I am certain you are one!

Don't worry Terry - I was only pulling your leg! :P

I know exactly what you were thinking and you're not wrong!!

Cheers, Baggers.

17 hours ago, Terryg said:

Menoporsche

I meant NO PORSCHE AT ALL apart from 924, actually I lie there was a 914 and another whose number I can't recall but they weren't on Porsche stands. Seems odd for one of the most desirable brands in the World

Now off the phone, I can quote better.  Completely agree with you here, very very odd.

Just think its sad, we know there are some amazing cars out there but they need to be seen and enjoyed by a wide audience, My Boxster was very much enjoyed by some Polish lads who had imbibed quite a lot of their favourite tipple yesterday.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this old thread, this criticism can't be levelled at the NEC show, pretty sure the Porsche representation was larger than any other marque, well done to all the clubs and individuals who helped make it such a treat for Porsche lovers.

Archived