987 alloys on a 986??

Jack057

My current alloys are 996 turbos 

Front 7.5J ET50 18"

Rear 9J ET52 18"

the alloys I'm looking to buy are

Front 8J ET57 18"

Rear 9J ET43

Seller says will be alright and can't find anywhere that says otherwise but still not 100% convinced! Any help would be appreciated.

They should be fine. 

I run 9j et43 up front (235/40/18)

10j et45 on the rear (265/35/18)

No drama on my 986S.

The fronts have LOADS of room to play with even with my 9's fitted.

Your new rear 9j's have 2mm lower offset and an inch less barrel width, so will fit absolutely fine!

Also, if you want to sell your old wheels let me know.

You may well need 7mm spacers on the front as the 987 alloys offset throws them inwards 7mm more, plus the extra width of the rim (6.5mm) equals a total of 14mm inwards towards suspension.

Also not if you are buying rims with tyres, the 987 are a slightly larger tyre too.  Although that shouldn't be an issue if you address the offset.

For clarification use:

www.willtheyfit.com

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Jason986S said:

They should be fine. 

I run 9j et43 up front (235/40/18)

10j et45 on the rear (265/35/18)

No drama on my 986S.

The fronts have LOADS of room to play with even with my 9's fitted.

Your new rear 9j's have 2mm lower offset and an inch less barrel width, so will fit absolutely fine!

Also, if you want to sell your old wheels let me know.

Hi Jason, I have found myself a new set of 911 996 original turbo style wheels so I will be having these refurbished but my old 911 996 wheels I am looking to sell, unfortunately I only have two Fronts and one rear! 18" 9J ET52 Rear and 7.5J ET50 Fronts.. immaculate condition but I will be looking to find the 4th to complete the set unless you feel up to the challenge! Let me know what you think and shall send some pics and we can talk price if your interested! I do have a damaged rear wheel but very unlikely it can be repaired! 

Jack

3 hours ago, Jack057 said:

Hi Jason, I have found myself a new set of 911 996 original turbo style wheels so I will be having these refurbished but my old 911 996 wheels I am looking to sell, unfortunately I only have two Fronts and one rear! 18" 9J ET52 Rear and 7.5J ET50 Fronts.. immaculate condition but I will be looking to find the 4th to complete the set unless you feel up to the challenge! Let me know what you think and shall send some pics and we can talk price if your interested! I do have a damaged rear wheel but very unlikely it can be repaired! 

Jack

Ah right. I was mostly after the rears myself, as I have a spare pair of 996 fronts I wanted to make up a set with. Shame it's not one of your fronts that are dead. 

Archived