Fitting facelift air intakes on 2001 car?

Cossie Si

Thank's, EDC! Mike, I prefer the 987 also. I'm just after a different look with painted all dark grey vents, matching the wheel colour (car is red) and think the the facelift version will give a bigger looking vent, like the 987. I don't mind the earlier version. If it doesn't work, I'll go back to standard.

1 hour ago, Cossie Si said:

Thank's, EDC! Mike, I prefer the 987 also. I'm just after a different look with painted all dark grey vents, matching the wheel colour (car is red) and think the the facelift version will give a bigger looking vent, like the 987. I don't mind the earlier version. If it doesn't work, I'll go back to standard.

Yes, agree, I think making the side vents body colour on the 986 facelift was a mistake , I too beleive  they should have  been some contrasting colour to make them more obvious, its a unique feature of a mid / rear engine car

1 minute ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

They do fit, as I changed them on mine but make sure if you buy some the mounting brackets are included. They are a different arrangement but with the same tabs.

27798526111_cc916b09c0_b.jpg

Cheers, look mint. I presume they are the black plastic carrier's/frames with the tabs on? There's a few on intakes eBay. I'll get some bought 

10 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

They are a black frame yes!

Ideally buy them in the right colour as they are surprisingly awkward to paint and not get runs in the lacquer!

Got a pair in seal grey today, close enough to what the wheel colour, so hopefully they won't need paint! £60 Del from Douglas valley. Will keep original for car re -sale and get my money back on these!

45 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

I'm thinking with my Artic Silver 986S to go with all black face lift side vents, any one seen it done and the question is tasteful or chav!!!

Tasteful, of course ;) Look at the later 987 cars or the Cayman R. They have contrasting vents, which break up the side's. Mine arrived today. Mint condition, like new in Seal grey. Will fit asap and put some pictures up, when I have my matching Cayman S wheels (grey colour) early next week! Mines Red, so the grey should look sweet. Thinking mirrors too. Again as the Cayman R. Can get a second hand set for about £70-80. Will keep the originals and sell the grey ones if I sell the car. Can't lose :)

I've seen a couple of white 986. Mainly flat colours but it just doesn't seem to suit the shape IMO. 

22 minutes ago, edc said:

I've seen a couple of white 986. Mainly flat colours but it just doesn't seem to suit the shape IMO. 

I doubt I'll bother as my black paintwork is in good condition and a £1500 spend on vinyl and labour, could go towards some significant engine upgrades, remap and maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived