Low MPG?

lordlee

My 987  2.7 gen1 does roughly25/26mpg mixed driving to and from work 30 mile round trip roughly 3 miles bad ish traffic rest is steady A roads and motorways..

I have the fuelly app and have done 3000 miles in mine and its always 25/26mpg or 320/330 mikes between brimming.

That was on 20" alloys with 11J rears on 305  tyres.

Today i've swopped to winter setup 18" alloys 225/40 tyres and reset my Mpg calculator..

Im hopeful for high 28/29s now...

You've made more comebacks than Sinatra :D 

but I did remember why you were forced to leave for a year or two.  I also remember Wazzer had health issues, hence pleased to see him again :) 

My 2005 S OBC shows 28mpg and has not been reset for a couple of thousand miles with mixed driving including Portsmouth to Camberley at the weekend only dropping below 80 for the Hindhead tunnel.

Pete

Well I'm getting the exhaust replaced in the next week or so, maybe I'll wait so I know the exhaust system is fine with no leaks or anything amiss. I'll have a good base for testing everything after that's completed.

• 2 weeks later...

I reset mine when i put the 18" winter alloys on, and so far 300miles inmy trip is sticking between 28.5/29 mpg which is prob 26.5/27mpg real world. my evening commute to work ( thank god its only 3 days a week ) heavily affects my Mpg i think...it mite only be 2 miles of heavy traffic but its pretty bumper to bumper @ 6pm. 

You can near as damn it watch the fuel gauge drop....

58 minutes ago, T24RES said:

Good news, does the brim-brim maths confirm all is well?

Yes Ian - last tank averaged out at 24.8mpg which was a few nice drives and a couple of work jaunts. That sounds about right to me.

When I picked mine up and drove a steady 75mph all the way back from London to Cornwall it showed 38mpg........tootling around the lanes locally here it is now showing 25mpg, Oh well I certainly ain't keeping it for the long boring journeys! ;)

Archived