986 leather dash top, dials cover piece

Jason986S

Evening all.

Is there a leather trimmed optional cover piece at sits on top of the dials/speedo. 

I have extended leather door cards etc, but a normal facelift dash fitted. I think the top cover piece would look much better in black leather with 2 rows of stitching on the leading edge.

Does such a thing exist?

8 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Evening all.

Is there a leather trimmed optional cover piece at sits on top of the dials/speedo. 

I have extended leather door cards etc, but a normal facelift dash fitted. I think the top cover piece would look much better in black leather with 2 rows of stitching on the leading edge.

Does such a thing exist?

From what you've described, mine has this (extended leather).  No visible stitching though

IglvVi7.jpg

I have a black leather 996 one on mine (instrument mod done) but the dash is vinyl. They did make a vinyl one for the 996 but I can't find a RHD one (loads of LHD ones on eBay). It seems that all the 996's supplied in the UK must have had extended leather. If I can find one on black vinyl you can have my leather one.

On 12 November 2016 at 9:28 AM, topradio said:

I have a black leather 996 one on mine (instrument mod done) but the dash is vinyl. They did make a vinyl one for the 996 but I can't find a RHD one (loads of LHD ones on eBay). It seems that all the 996's supplied in the UK must have had extended leather. If I can find one on black vinyl you can have my leather one.

Kind offer, thanks. Hopefully our searches prove fruitful! It is odd there are so many LHD ones but not RHD, quite annoying. 

Mots probably quite sad, that I just want the row of stitching above the clocks to match the door cards. I think my facelift 986 dash is full vinyl, but I have extended leather door cards & 996 clocks/mod, so the car is mix and match off the best available to previous owners I think. 

30134928046_14d1d51eb2_b.jpg

i think this is what you are after? 

Douglas Valley had some at the £40 mark a bit ago but don't forget you need the new hazard switch and surround as well.

Some come complete with them but if they don't about £20ish!

But the bigger leather surround does look better imho and finishes the dash of nice plus it's easier to clean ?

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

You could always carry on your alacantara theme and wrap the clock insert and finish off with some silver or chrome rings.

I was originally going to do that as I've seen it and it looks smokin ?

Yeh, that is an idea. I'd like to add some carbon and some more alcantara, so I'm sure I can work out a cocktail of interior lovelyness. The existing alcantara possibly won't match any new that I add which would bug me! (id like to do the lower centre dash console sides where my AC controls are like another member on here recently did. But it was described as quite tricky to do as well. 

I think I prefer chrome to silver rings, but I have no other chrome on the car at all, so would be very random.

Archived