Seats

Whaleblue

Hi all,

Last new thread before I commit my spec (honest).

Does anyone have any views on the Sports Seats Plus, versus the Adaptive fully electric version?

I'm primarily interested in range of adjustments available (as I'm likely the only one driving it 99.9% of the time), and possibly weight of the mechanism of the posher seats, if it's significant?

I have 18 way adjustable sport seats, 

very comfortable and infinitely adjustable with memory package it's good, useless if your the only one driving it. 

In my 986 only had basic sport seats which I found lacked lumbar support, I'm sure the modern 718 seats are far better, even the most basic of the available options.

If your local to Redditch, happy for you to come try them :)

Sorry if my post confused you, 

The 18 way electric sport seat are infinitely adjustable and you can get exactly the right seating position, lumbar, upper & lower bolster, seat base length, etc, all adjustable 

I don't believe you get bolster adjustment on the normal electric seats. Question is, do you want that option or need it!

The only comment which albeit may not affect you is, 'apparantly' they sit 'higher' thus 'might' reduce headroom which I found inconvenient on track days wearing a helmet.

I have a tin top so won't affect a 718 and this might be different in a Boxster anyway but the available adjustment will still be the same.

Ask where your ordering your car from, I'm sure they will let you lose on 2 cars to compare :)

I have had sports seats plus on both my cars and I find them immediately comfortable to sit in, whereas seats with infinite adjustments seem to take forever to get 'just right'

SSP are the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car...

1 hour ago, boxsternoob56 said:

I have had sports seats plus on both my cars and I find them immediately comfortable to sit in, whereas seats with infinite adjustments seem to take forever to get 'just right'

SSP are the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car...

+ another, I've had the multi all way adjustment seats but as the only driver found them a waste of time. My current SSP do the job for me.

The SSP on my 718 are well worth the money. Being the only driver I could not see any point in paying out for full electric seats.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:59 AM, r1flyguy said:

The only comment which albeit may not affect you is, 'apparantly' they sit 'higher' thus 'might' reduce headroom which I found inconvenient on track days wearing a helmet.

that's right...they do! With an helmet on you are tight to the roof with the 18 way seats but, of course, you can always take the roof down when tracking your car!

54 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

that's right...they do! With an helmet on you are tight to the roof with the 18 way seats but, of course, you can always take the roof down when tracking your car!

Unfortunately for me, I'd have to use a tin opener :laugh:

I have to say, by the way, that the 18 way electric seats are really good but they were a no cost option on my car.

As r1flyguy says, they do offer the option to adjust the bolsters but whether you think that's worth the cost is something only you can decide.

I prefer the buckets..except for the one hot summer week we have.

I can say that having removed sports seats from another members car, I'd say they are over twice the weight !

2 hours ago, Patt said:

I can say that having removed sports seats from another members car, I'd say they are over twice the weight !

About 5 times the weight after the 8th time we did it?

The loaner I had last week had the memory seats. TBH, after I played with them for a while I set them and that was it. My beloved is the same height as me and the only adjustment we make is seat back rake; she prefers a more upright position than me and on the standard seats, it's an electric option anyway. 

Archived