New Boxster/Cayman book arrived today

pgk188

Thought that you all maybe interested in this new Boxster/Cayman book that has just been published:

Porsche-Boxster-and-Cayman-The-Complete-Story-by-Johnny-Tipler-9781785002113

Mine arrived in the post today, it has some really great pictures and a lot of info on the beginnings of Boxster history, right up to the present day with the new 718 models, about which there are a few pages of info.

I particularly like the pictures of a Cayman S in a stunning shade of green, nearly a Kawasaki racing green.

I good Christmas present to yourself, from Amazon: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Porsche-Boxster-Cayman-Complete-Story/dp/1785002112/ref=sr_1_1_twi_har_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481733806&sr=8-1&keywords=Johnny%2C+9781785002113

Or Ebay: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-Cayman-Tipler-Johnny-9781785002113-/361852495067?hash=item544016e4db:g:ddkAAOSwux5YL9J-

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boxstercol said:

So for those that have got this book, is it any good?

I've got a Boxster story book by Paul Frere & it looks very similar in content. 

I have the Paul Frere book too. Plus a number of other Porsche books that I have not gotten around to reading yet - all on my list of things to do!  Interested to know how the new book reads to see it's it's worth adding to my collection also?

3 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

So for those that have got this book, is it any good?

I've got a Boxster story book by Paul Frere & it looks very similar in content. 

It's an enjoyable read and nicely illustrated with good quality photos, but I'm not sure that it would add greatly to the knowledge of anyone who already knows a good deal about the history and evolution of the Boxster.  There weren't many "didn't know that" moments, even for me. 

All that said, I'll happily defer to others on here who have read more widely than me on the subject.

Archived