Heater Blower Stopped Working

Sir_Dave

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this at all?

Essentially, i only use the car at weekends and since the weather has turned colder, when i go to use the car, the fan doesn't work via the controls, i.e. the panel lights go to max, but no fan - so i cant demist anything. Having done a little research, i've worked out that if you remove the airbox under the bonnet, you can manually get it moving again (it appears to "stick" off) and then its fine, but naturally, this is a bit of a faff. Especially if its my fiance using the car, not me.

It doesn't seem to have this problem if i use the car more, so trying to ascertain whether the issue is battery, or faulty part related?

4 hours ago, GTB981 said:

Yep, mine went and was fixed under warranty. I believe it is a duff fan motor which causes this. They are aware of the issue.

Hmm, do you know if there was a recall etc for faulty parts at all?

Mine is a 2012 so out of Porsche warranty, but id like to hope if the bits are duff, there would be a contribution of some sort. 

If not, did it take a while to change? I'm fairly mechanical so could just buy the part.

• 1 year later...
On 19/12/2016 at 10:09 AM, Sir_Dave said:

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this at all?

Essentially, i only use the car at weekends and since the weather has turned colder, when i go to use the car, the fan doesn't work via the controls, i.e. the panel lights go to max, but no fan - so i cant demist anything. Having done a little research, i've worked out that if you remove the airbox under the bonnet, you can manually get it moving again (it appears to "stick" off) and then its fine, but naturally, this is a bit of a faff. Especially if its my fiance using the car, not me.

It doesn't seem to have this problem if i use the car more, so trying to ascertain whether the issue is battery, or faulty part related?

Just had this on my 981. Car had been sat for a while. Went out for a run, no heater...rather chilly. Got home, quick search on here and my wallet breathed a sigh of relief when I followed this advice, so a big thanks for posting it up :)

Archived