cubby hole part number

tony231167

I have a 2003 boxster and have move the climate control panel to the bottom near gear stick. i know i need new surround . what do i do with the hole left at the top? apart from a cubby hole is there anything else i can fit? if not whats the part number for the cubby hole?

i cant fit a double din stereo as i have bose and cant be ass to change whole system

I keep being drawn to these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Black-Car-Truck-Double-Din-Radio-Pocket-Drink-Cup-Holder-Storage-Box-/262740046450?fits=Car+Make%3APorsche|Plat_Gen%3A986&hash=item3d2c86f272:g:CnEAAOSwB09YPSNU

In fact you've prompted me to buy one!  

Not sure (I know) I don't like the writing on the front, but I might see what can be done, less than a tenner so nothing ventured.....

Will replace my never used CD stowage.

10 hours ago, allatsea said:

I keep being drawn to these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Black-Car-Truck-Double-Din-Radio-Pocket-Drink-Cup-Holder-Storage-Box-/262740046450?fits=Car+Make%3APorsche|Plat_Gen%3A986&hash=item3d2c86f272:g:CnEAAOSwB09YPSNU

In fact you've prompted me to buy one!  

Not sure (I know) I don't like the writing on the front, but I might see what can be done, less than a tenner so nothing ventured.....

Will replace my never used CD stowage.

That looks good please report back how you get on 

I used to have one of those in an old Honda, was swapped in from a JDM 4x4 and was considered "cool" because imported parts from Japan were the boss (at the time - remember fast and furious 1). 

But it was actually handy and looked smart when closed (unless confused for a tape cassette holder haha)

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2016 at 2:44 AM, Southy said:

That looks good please report back how you get on 

Arrived today (as did my Chinese short shifter from 'Ali') anyway, it appears to made out of 'paper'.....Well not actually paper, but it certainly won't be making its way into the interior of my car on a permanent basis. It's very, very cheaply made (what like a tenner worth?), feels dreadfully tacky like it fell out of a cracker.

Might try it as I've already ordered the a/c fixing piece from the dealer (less than £4) for the lower mount, just to see if it 'feels' better supported by the rest of the fascia; but in truth I think that this will just be 'so that I can play with my car' rather than actually making it better.

Even writing this I'm actually thinking 'no I won't, it's rubbish...'

As for buying one that's even cheaper.................

On 28/12/2016 at 6:49 PM, T911UK said:

Do you mean this,

344307_x800.jpg

I actually have one of these somewhere that I won't be using, Seriously! before the comments start :laugh:

14 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

I actually have one of these somewhere that I won't be using, Seriously! before the comments start :laugh:

:shutup: 

Archived