Service book sticker

London987

My service book got destroyed in a kitchen flood....don't ask. It's since vanished. I'm not too bothered as I have a massive stack of paperwork in a file to support it all and new books on order.

The one thing that grates is I have lost the sticker in the front cover. Is there any way to replace this - Porsche say no but I haven't pressed too hard as yet.

My car hasn't got a stamped service book at all. But like you I've got a receipt for every service and purchase since day one, so hasn't bothered me really. 

Let me know how you get on though, as if it's something Porsche could replace at a reasonable price I would be interested. What other books have you bought?

I got the wallet, service book, pcm book and handbook. it's expensive. it's about £200 all in, the only good news is they say they will sort out the OPC stamps for me when they get in. I've been on back order for nearly a year too.

I recently had to replace my BMW handbook as well, got the wrong one from when I bought it, that was £50....selling the other one on eBay at some point.

1 hour ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Not cheap, but here is another option.  Reproductions, but they look good to me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-911-997-VIN-Data-Maintenance-Service-Book-Label-Sticker-/262792383980

WOW who would have thought you could get that. Nice one Richard :)

4 hours ago, London987 said:

My service book got destroyed in a kitchen flood....don't ask. It's since vanished. I'm not too bothered as I have a massive stack of paperwork in a file to support it all and new books on order.

The one thing that grates is I have lost the sticker in the front cover. Is there any way to replace this - Porsche say no but I haven't pressed too hard as yet.

I have a duplicate on a sticker on the inside of my bonnet. Not sure if that is standard but worth a look!!!!

20 minutes ago, Richard Hamilton said:

That is incredibly rare on a 987.  Porsche stopped doing that with the MY2005 cars.

Had one in our second - but it was a 54 plate 987, so an early one. 

That car had an options list like a bingo card. B) 

Blimey, that is expensive, I'm sure my Doris can knock them up. I'll get her to duplicate mine & see how it comes out. Watch this space :-)

11 minutes ago, Batesy66 said:

I take it the first 987s came into being in March 05?

Porsche years run from after the summer shutdown, so a 2005 model year can be from September 2004.  Like a lot of things, you can blame the Americans for creeping model years.  It used to be that cars were built in the last month or so for January delivery, but then manufacturers found they could pique interest by delivering the following years cars a little early (when sales were very low).  They've gradually crept back, and now the US produced cars are about 6 months ahead of the year. :blink: 

If its reproduction stickers you want there is a Polish outfit called Car Bone Liveries who seem to be able to make most things up for not a lot of money.

18 hours ago, Araf said:

Porsche years run from after the summer shutdown, so a 2005 model year can be from September 2004.  Like a lot of things, you can blame the Americans for creeping model years.  It used to be that cars were built in the last month or so for January delivery, but then manufacturers found they could pique interest by delivering the following years cars a little early (when sales were very low).  They've gradually crept back, and now the US produced cars are about 6 months ahead of the year. :blink: 

Kind of off topic I know but I have to ask a dumb question.....what does MY mean (said wiping drool from the side of my mouth) ??

4 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

can't you get a free certificate with options from Porsche/PCGB if you are a PCGB member? at a cost of £70 (for membership) or thereabouts?

Or ask your local dealer and they will e-mail the build spec in PDF. :) 

If you have a friendly relationship with a good dealer or Indy they can check your vin and print from the system. 

2 hours ago, Araf said:

....and now you've just slapped yourself for asking the question. ^_^ 

And sent myself to the corner with a cone on my head ?

Archived