987 diffuser on a 986?

Jason986S

Has anyone ever put a 987 sport design or vented diffuser on a pre-facelift 986?

The idea would be chop the lower half of the 987 and flush/bond/blend it onto the bottom of the factory 986 bumper. Which being a pre-facelift 986 has no diffuser/vents at all (plain and boring).

Using the lower half of this (cutting along the existing swage line) if it's anywhere near a similar fit/width? Any idea?

A0850487-F3B7-4AEB-AC75-9A1DC59C64DE.jpg

My cars current rear:

A0095EAA-33AB-4F36-AA57-9AD410979208_1.j

To achieve something like this (without spending many many hundreds of pounds importing a GT3Tek diffuser):

69DB1D00-B60D-4169-97B3-26BE130FEA36.jpg

Been done, or just wouldn't fit?

I'm sure with enough craft it could be done. But it will cost at least 3 hours labour plus paint I would think. 

I think it could be done but what it would look like I don't know? Also you need to find someone willing to try and do it, I think it would be a bit more than a jigsaw in the garage and a load of filler ?

I did look into changing the rear bumper on my 986 for the facelift one as it's a good bit meatier than the earlier one. I planned on maybe meshing either side of the exhaust cut out and going possibly with a 550 exhaust tip. As for the front I was considering the splitters that Ed used.

These ideas are probably a bit subtle for young Jason?

You'd be better off with this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-987-REAR-BUMPER-GENUINE-PORSCHE-PART-987-505-211-20-GEN-2-/401257482155?hash=item5d6ccf47ab:g:EYIAAOSwfZ1Wa-2m and then buying the diffusers.

When did the facelift 986 bumpers jump so high in price? I remember them swapping hands for £70

I did the face lift mod, more to it than just getting a bumper.

Bumper complete with mounting plate, spoiler assembly, but not Actuator, back box (meatier bolt on tail pipes) and bumper bar complete with heat shield. I like the look over standard personally.

21 hours ago, lordlee said:

You'd be better off with this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-987-REAR-BUMPER-GENUINE-PORSCHE-PART-987-505-211-20-GEN-2-/401257482155?hash=item5d6ccf47ab:g:EYIAAOSwfZ1Wa-2m and then buying the diffusers.

When did the facelift 986 bumpers jump so high in price? I remember them swapping hands for £70

I was looking at that one on eBay the other night. Chewed by the dog and discounted stuck in my mind. Can you buy the diffuser and exhaust tip surround from OPC or just used?

2 hours ago, Jason986S said:

I was looking at that one on eBay the other night. Chewed by the dog and discounted stuck in my mind. Can you buy the diffuser and exhaust tip surround from OPC or just used?

The diffusers are available so I guess the tip surround must be too.

Archived