Limited mileage

Snowy

This is my 1st post so Hi  

I'm currently looking at buying a Boxster S as a weekend toy and will be our 3rd car. 

I would expect the mileage to be 3k pa. 

i aim to buy a 1999 - 2001 car, will I be able to get classic insurance for this, car to be garaged. 

Cheers Andy. 

I have classic car insurance with Locktons, it limited to 5k a year, doesn't use NCD and if I could be bothered they will agree the value upon receipt of a valuation report. 

Welcome by the way :)

Welcome to the forum enjoy your car. Welove picturess on here btw. Insurance is supringsingly low for early Boxsters. My car is for pleasure only and I have averaged around 7000 miles a year. Its the cheapest car to insure on our family fleet of 4. Can't remember the figure now, but can look it up if that helps. Mines a 2002 2.7 self and wife to drive. 

Provided it is reasonably standard, you should have no problem getting a Classic Policy. People like RH Insurance and Footman James offer great service and good packages, euro breakdown etc for low premiums.

All they insist on is that the car is garaged at night when at home.

47 minutes ago, Daffy said:

Interesting. Can classic cover be obtained if the vehicle isn't garaged? It would be kept on the drive, not the street. 

Not sure, post code is probably a factor. They don't like me doing that in south London but I have a friend out in the sticks who has no problems, even with lots of modifications!

If it's a second car, rather than your main transport then some companies give modern classic insurance to cars over 15 years old.  

I think the last classic policy I had was with Lancaster - and looking, they do include Boxsters in their Porsche scheme.

https://www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk/insurance/classic-porsche/

@Araf Lancaster were really good when I insured a 26 year old civic last year. The premium was the cheapest I found, the most reasonable fee's and terms, plus they were really knowledgeable and welcoming over the phone. 

I didn't try them for the Box, but my renewal is due in a couple months. So will give them a bell. My current underwriter is asking a 3% increase and 15% if I declare the wheels/exhaust/K&N as modifications (which I should).

• 2 weeks later...

I put a 3000 limit on my Boxster using a second car policy, problem is I love it so much I did that in less than 4 months. I have also found that everyone who says these cars have to be driven is correct, at least that's our excuse.

Archived