Relays and Connector in the rear

Blumr2

Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows what connects to the connector in the centre, i was replacing bulbs and chasing that fog light hack up to make the left side work and noted that with the relay carrier there was a connector to the right. It has about 3 or 4 wires into it and looks to be a long flat plug with direction tabs on the side.

I haven't got any manuals yet was just interested in what it may be and if able to use for any add ones or power in the boot section for an aux socket etc.

Thanks..

relay rear.jpg

Ahh, might look up a wiring diagram on that or try the fuse to it then, Mine has brackets for a hard top i think ( need to check again )  but didnt have it from Factory..

Good point to check, Does anyone know if they all came with the connector near the left seat or not ? 

5 hours ago, edc said:

Is that for the heated window if you have glass hood or hardtop installed? 

I don't think so.  My 986 came without but the wiring was still all in place for when a hard top was fitted.

Nope that is just under the plastics nearside.  I had to find mine when I had the roof swapped for a glass one.

I'll check my boot later as I have a feeling that slot is populated.  My first thoughts were the relocation of the brake light for the aero kit.

Does it have 6 pins, with 3 wires going to the bottom of it?  Violet/Green, Brown, and Orange/Red.

If so, it is the Automatic Exhaust Gas Recirculation Examination plug.  (Used for emissions checks in the USA).  The 996 has one dangling in the engine compartment.

OK some close ups the location is behind the left tail light under the relay carrier.

6 pin connector with 3 wires Brown ( earth ) Red / Orange and Purple with Green..

IMG_1064.jpeg

IMG_1065.jpeg

Archived