Zunsport Grilles

Toddie

I'm going through the same machinations.......black or silver for my guards red Boxster. I was leaning towards silver to match the wheels and boot badge, but this thread made me question myself. If I had black wheels and a black boot badge then I think I'd be more inclined to black grills! 

10 hours ago, Masnamerif said:

Had a look on the Zunsport website, can't see an option for the face-lift 986!  Anyone know if the grilles fit both the pre and post face-lift 986 front PU?

I don't have a centre grille.

Thanks.

Pretty sure no zunsport options for the facelift 986.   You would have to remove the front bumper and install mesh behind it.  It would give a much more subtle look as well 

https://www.zunsport.com/en/porsche-grilles/porsche-boxster-s-986-front-grille-set?filter=194

Hopefully this will link works 

I've just made a set for my side vents, that sit behind as Southy suggests (some pics on the what have you done to your 986 thread yesterday). I'm going to do the same for the front.

On 27 February 2017 at 8:30 AM, Southy said:

Pretty sure no zunsport options for the facelift 986.   You would have to remove the front bumper and install mesh behind it.  It would give a much more subtle look as well 

That's what I did, bought black mesh from Halfords, there's a how to somewhere on the site which will guide you through the install, much better effect than the Zunnsport option, IMHO.

• 1 year later...

I was puzzling over fitting them and the removal of the OEM grille things behind but then decided to see if they would go over the front. And they do

They are not a perfect fit but unless you are on your knees looking at them, it's tough to see where the wee gaps are. Or the masking tape that wouldn't come out once the grilles were in:huh:

Yes, I went with black, and yes, I tried to clean (vinyl/bumper cleaner) the OEM bits back to black but no dice on that so they show more than perhaps I'd like... However, the black looks better than the faded things that were showing before

Anyone need a centre grille for their 986 S as I won't be using mine

IMG_5311.jpeg

Archived