981 Cruise Control Retrofit

spook

Ian is right, you need an authorisation code to enter into the PIWIS tester to activate it.  If you buy the retrofit kit from Porsche it comes with a code, but it is a huge amount more than the stalk unit on its own.

Edit - the stalks aren't available separately.  You have to replace the complete stalk unit, and there are several versions, depending on the equipment spec.

I had cruise fitted to mine by Edinburgh OPC before i collected it. Cost around £500. And they had some problems getting it coded in. i think it's not just the new stalk but replaces the indicator stalk too as it's all one unit.

I'm guessing that most of the previous back door mods have been closed with the 981. Anything added will require some coding. It's probably best to find a spec that you're happy with as retrofitting isn't as straight forward as it has been on previous models. 

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, CMA said:

I had cruise fitted to mine by Edinburgh OPC before i collected it. Cost around £500. And they had some problems getting it coded in. i think it's not just the new stalk but replaces the indicator stalk too as it's all one unit.

Two stalks on mine.  1 for indicator and 1 for cruise unless you mean that they replace the indicator stalk with a different one at the same time as fitting the cruise stalk?

5 minutes ago, Graham W said:

Two stalks on mine.  1 for indicator and 1 for cruise unless you mean that they replace the indicator stalk with a different one at the same time as fitting the cruise stalk?

Yes that's what I meant, the new stalk they fitted had both indicator and cruise on it.

49 minutes ago, spook said:

I thought the OEM aftermarket kit fitted the OEM additional stalk for cruise?

That was the case on the 987, but not the 981.

I just checked PET, and there are 40 (yes, 40) different stalk assemblies available, depending on the vehicle equipment and options.  They share the stalk units with 991, Macan, and Panamera.

Had cruise control retrofitted as part of the purchase deal from Colchester OPC, works perfectly, and is an extra stalk, indicators are separate on same side (left) wipers on right.

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2017 at 8:13 PM, martyn said:

Had cruise control retrofitted as part of the purchase deal from Colchester OPC, works perfectly, and is an extra stalk, indicators are separate on same side (left) wipers on right.

Hi Martyn,  may I ask how much it cost to get the cruise control retrofitted by the OPC?  Was it approximately the same as CMA's retrofit by Edinburgh OPC (i.e. c. £500)?  Presumably they did any necessary coding as well(?)

Cheers,

T

10 hours ago, Tilum said:

Hi Martyn,  may I ask how much it cost to get the cruise control retrofitted by the OPC?  Was it approximately the same as CMA's retrofit by Edinburgh OPC (i.e. c. £500)?  Presumably they did any necessary coding as well(?)

Cheers,

T

Hi, I’m not sure exactly how much because it was installed as part of the deal when I bought the car, but if I remember correctly the figure of circa £400 was quoted. In my opinion well worth the cost.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:05 PM, Malcolm E Box said:

I had cruise retrofitted on my 718 when I bought it. Cost about £430.

21 hours ago, martyn said:

Hi, I’m not sure exactly how much because it was installed as part of the deal when I bought the car, but if I remember correctly the figure of circa £400 was quoted. In my opinion well worth the cost.

Thanks guys.

That gave me a ballpark figure.  Managed to get a quote from my local OPC today and they've quoted £325+VAT for parts, plus 1.5hrs labour.  So c. £550 inc VAT.

Thanks once again,

T

Archived