Which Oil

big mike

It's only 4000 miles since last service but was going to do an oil/filter change and wondered which oil everyone would recommend,

Ive seen Shell,Mobil,Gulf,Petronius ect in euro car parts and wasn't sure which to go for as my mechanic doesn't work on Sunday and wanted to take advantage of their discount today? 

I do an oil change every 5K or so, or every year.  I use fully synthetic ECP 5W40- it's Porsche approved.  When there's a Eurocarparts sale on (nearly always), it can be as cheap as 40 quid for 10 litres and a filter.  I don't bother with Mobil 1 as my car has 75K on the clock although an excellent product, it's more than double the money for no real gain.  Up to you of course, but more frequent oil changes are the key to longevity.  

2 hours ago, golfprorich said:

Check out Opie Oils, they had a deal on recently for Shell Helix. 11L couple of 1L pouches, dipstick wipes for about £45 delivered

That's really competitive. I'm sure 10L (x2 5L) of Fushs Titan would cost me about that figure when I last looked on eBay. 

Edit: £40.56 for 10L now, but that doesn't account for your wipes and couple of 1L top-up pouches.

I'd be curious to know if there's any evidence that Mobile 1 changed after 5000miles would have served better than Asda's equivalent fully synthetic product...

?

Archived