Technowind

huytonman

I know that this has been covered before and in fact reading some of the threads led me to contact Pedro at Pedro's Garage and subsequently ordering one that arrived within a week using the least expensive US mail shipping option. I was pretty underwhelmed when I opened the packet expecting the shaped perspex to have a surround of some type which is doesnt have. It went into the garage waiting for spring and today after fitting my Zunnsport Grills I pulled out the wind deflector and snapped it into place and decided that my initial impression was ill founded. This is a simple but well executed solution to the opaque mesh and providing you already have the mesh frame in place literally takes 10 seconds to fit. Its not exactly low cost, $174 plus VAT when it arrived in the UK but no customs duty was charged so probably around £160 all in.

Keith

I felt like you a lot of money for a piece of perspex, but quality is good. I got mine from the USA also but a different supplier you can find on ebay. If you use the make an offer function you can get one delivered for just under a 100 pounds. Worth it for the additional day to day visibility it offers :)

4 minutes ago, Greenman said:

Funny, I've never ever thought " I wish I had better rear visibility" due to the mesh screen. Maybe I'll take it off for a bit to see what I'm missing.

If you've had earlier models of Boxster prior to the 981 you would know why I considered it a stepdown when the clear deflector was replaced by mesh..its hardly a major issue just a personal preference

8 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

I bought the glass one from Germany. Cost more than the Perspex one and more solid.

Probably heavier as well - so much for the weight-saving of a Spyder. ^_^ 

3 hours ago, Araf said:

Probably heavier as well - so much for the weight-saving of a Spyder. ^_^ 

Araf

if I wanted weight saving I'd probably go on a diet! :D

51 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

Araf

if I wanted weight saving I'd probably go on a diet! :D

Yeah, I never went for that option, either.  I was in a small minority, of those who weighted more than their machines, when I used to enduro and rally. :blush2:

27 minutes ago, Araf said:

Yeah, I never went for that option, either.  I was in a small minority, of those who weighted more than their machines, when I used to enduro and rally. :blush2:

Great response! :thumbsup_still:

And for my part so true! 

Just now, JohnSyn said:

Great response! :thumbsup_still:

And for my part so true! 

It was true.  I had an 88kg bike and tipped the scales at a trim 90kg myself. 

3 minutes ago, Araf said:

It was true.  I had an 88kg bike and tipped the scales at a trim 90kg myself. 

Wow!

Im a FB but thankfully never weighed what my cars do!

Archived