986 Seating Position

Steve Laming

On 10/04/2017 at 7:40 AM, That986 said:

I'm 6' and found the same as you, it felt cramped at first.

One GT3 console delete, move the seat forward (counter-intuitive i know) and pull the wheel right back and hey presto, perfect. I have thought about putting the sports seats in but being as they are the same bottoms with wingbacks i can't see the point, if i do change them then 987 seats will be going in. Thanks @Patt for the tip on moving the seat forward btw.

This advice is stellar, the OP should take note. I am 6ft, and have had my car for ever, but have not tried this tip of pulling the steering wheel right out, absolute genius, it has transformed my driving experience and it gives that extra leg room to enable proper steering.

On 4/10/2017 at 8:26 AM, Boxob said:

I have sports seats in a 986, lower console delete and am very local to you. At 6'1" I'm comfortable in the car. PM me if you would like to try the car for fit.

Many thanks to Boxob for popping round today for me to try his car. I don't know if there is a difference between a Tiptronic peddled car and a manual car, but Boxobs' car fitted me much better. The seat to peddle distance seemed much better and the support under my thigh also better. Sorry for using the word better a lot...........but it was MUCH better.

So the hunt is now on for a sport seat manual car. 

Again many thanks to Boxob and all you guys that gave me feed back.

Will hopefully be Boxster owner very soon.

Cheers,

Steve

21 hours ago, Steve Laming said:

Many thanks to Boxob for popping round today for me to try his car. I don't know if there is a difference between a Tiptronic peddled car and a manual car, but Boxobs' car fitted me much better. The seat to peddle distance seemed much better and the support under my thigh also better. Sorry for using the word better a lot...........but it was MUCH better.

Cheers,

Steve

You're welcome. Glad it helped the decision process.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Must resist... :shutup: ...

Why?

Steve is referring to the pedal location. Are the pedals of a tip, say, more off set or closer to the seat that a manual model thus affecting overall seating position and comfort?

21 hours ago, Steve Laming said:

Cheers,

Steve

@pingping010101 was selling his I think, which is a manual with 'sport' seats.   Tis in the for sale section.

I am just over 6' and found that the Centre Console delete was the most important factor in feeling comfortable in the car.   I've heard plenty of people complain about the driving room/position in the 986, but only ever in ones with the lower centre console fitted.

Archived