Exhaust silencer bypass sussex

Muddy

Hi, anybody know of a company that carry out exhaust mod like what they do at revolution in Sussex on 2004 986. Anybody had it done and happy or sad about and does it not effect mot or is it best to replace box with a sports exhaust (cheap one)  Went out in my mates f type and wow what a crackle in naughty mode would like to get my boxster a little growl.

Cheers steven

Toyosport back box is super cheap but can drone so its best to wrap the exhaust manifold to cat which takes most if not all of the drone/resonance out.

2 hours ago, Muddy said:

Went out in my mates f type and wow what a crackle in naughty mode would like to get my boxster a little growl.

Start by bolting an extra couple of cylinders on it then. ;) 

56 minutes ago, Muddy said:

No need it's the v6 3litre guess you don't know your jags. 

Sorry, when you said F Type I expected full-fat - especially when you said it sounded nice.  I didn't think any petrolhead would go for the poverty spec ones when there's a couple of 500+ hp models available. :unsure: 

I had the Revolution Porsche by-pass mod done on my 2004 986. It cost about £250 and I can highly recommend it. I cant stop changing down just to get the revs up and listen to the sound. Ok, so its nowhere near Sussex but it was not near me either. I drove up, stayed in a pub for one night, picked it at lunchtime the next day and drove home again. Well worth the trip.

19 hours ago, Araf said:

Start by bolting an extra couple of cylinders on it then. ;) 

:laugh:

18 hours ago, Muddy said:

No need it's the v6 3litre guess you don't know your jags. 

I thought that looked funny, never seen a 3L V6 Boxster.

5 hours ago, tony_zx9r said:

I had the Revolution Porsche by-pass mod done on my 2004 986. It cost about £250 and I can highly recommend it. I cant stop changing down just to get the revs up and listen to the sound. Ok, so its nowhere near Sussex but it was not near me either. I drove up, stayed in a pub for one night, picked it at lunchtime the next day and drove home again. Well worth the trip.

Much as I don't want to cause ole Rusty to lose out on any business these guys also offer a solution;

https://www.haywardandscott.com/

Having said that if I was ME it would be difficult to go past Revolution.

There is also the DIY option which I have posted about on here in the past, can't be arsed to look for the post though :)

On 15 April 2017 at 6:18 PM, Muddy said:

Hi, anybody know of a company that carry out exhaust mod like what they do at revolution in Sussex on 2004 986. Anybody had it done and happy or sad about and does it not effect mot or is it best to replace box with a sports exhaust (cheap one)  Went out in my mates f type and wow what a crackle in naughty mode would like to get my boxster a little growl.

Cheers steven

I had mine done in Sussex, if you're local to me more than welcome to have a listen. 

It was done as a one off favour but if you're prepared to remove the back box and leave it with him for a bit I can ask if he'll do another?

4 hours ago, EXY said:

:laugh:

I thought that looked funny, never seen a 3L V6 Boxster.

There's a 2.7 being built here, by (of all people) Escy. RobScott actually drives his, but he does tend to get it dirty.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

There's a 2.7 being built here, by (of all people) Escy. RobScott actually drives his, but he does tend to get it dirty.

Ahh but there is NO OIL in the TURBO's, she cannae take it Captain :)

Eporsch can fabricate and weld but I don't think they churn a lot of this type of work out. Sheet metal, rot repairs on air-cooled etc, they have plenty of those projects in.

There is a thread on PistonHeads about this... and I've concluded my exhaust is a "oettle" with the bypass pipes.. Sounds great.  I'm in Essex if anyone has not heard the mod and is hearing one modded.  I have also read Hayward and Scott in Essex Basildon do it for ~£250 but only going on what I read.

John 

Loads of people have done the bypass mod. Have a look in the Exhausts and styling section for the exhaust sounds sticky post at the top of the section.

Archived