Thanks 986 crew (north)

Terryg

Without getting too soppy I just want to say a thank you to all the 986 lads who have welcomed me (I think) into the group. Being back in the UK alone after 26 years away can be pretty lonely and to have such an accepting bunch of guys who you feel at home with straight away has really helped brighten up my weekends. Thanks in particular to @Loz987 who arranges all these things, the rest of you know who you are.

The soft southerner.

@Terryg 

I never invited you to anything, you just showed up repeatedly. Be that as it may, there's always a seat for you at our breakfast table. 

I share your joy at finding out that not all Porsche owners are twunts. Long may the collaborative spirit of the forum hold us together! ?

18 minutes ago, Loz987 said:

@Terryg 

I never invited you to anything, you just showed up repeatedly. Be that as it may, there's always a seat for you at our breakfast table. 

I share your joy at finding out that not all Porsche owners are twunts. Long may the collaborative spirit of the forum hold us together! ?

Thank you (I think), I never mentioned being invited, you are quite right I just turn up! All you have to do is change your forum name and arrange your days out in Cornwall and I'll stop doing that. Might just be worth it!

7 hours ago, Terryg said:

Without getting too soppy I just want to say a thank you to all the 986 lads who have welcomed me (I think) into the group. Being back in the UK alone after 26 years away can be pretty lonely and to have such an accepting bunch of guys who you feel at home with straight away has really helped brighten up my weekends. Thanks in particular to @Loz987 who arranges all these things, the rest of you know who you are.

The soft southerner.

Your company is always a pleasure @Terryg, or at least entertaining? and got to agree with @Loz987 that I was suprised what a great lot, Boxster owners are when you meet them. To be fair, 95% of just about any group are usually fine, you've just got to avoid that other 5% ? and you're sorted?

1 hour ago, pslosarc said:

Would be interested in meeting up with a northern 986 crew. I am in Cheadle (Stockportish). Is this open to anyone?

Well it wasn't open to me but I went anyway! I am in South Reddish, it would be great to see a new face and they are a really good bunch of guys.

3 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Good for you @Terryg may your fun continue. Are you on JohnT' s northen run in July, because that will be a good weekend, with a few soft southerners coming  up to play. 

Thanks @Topbox I am enjoying it enormously. Not sure about July, because I am in the UK mainly for work I have to go home every now and then,  There is a lot going on that month so I think it unlikely. Met John at a meet that Loz ran, he is a fantastic driver, very precise and very quick.

8 minutes ago, pslosarc said:

Where does all this meeting up stuff take place? Is it advertised anywhere?

Keep an eye on the BoXa.net Meets & Trackday forum towards the end of each week. @Loz987 will often post up a thread like this

Just reply on the thread so that we know to expect you. It's not a clicky thing, everyone welcome, the more the merrier?

Yes as Nobbie says anyone welcome. We normally meet either at the Ford Inn in Holmfirth, or a layby on the A628(Woodhead pass) from your area you could jump on the M60 ->M67 -> A628 you would be there in 30 mins or less. layby is on left about 1 mile after the turn up to Holme Moss (A6024). Check out some of the previous threads in the 'Meets' forum to get an idea of what to expect.

I'll have to try to join for one of these once I've sorted out some of the little niggles on mine.  Been a long time since I've been out for a 'club' drive in anything.  Used to love all the club runs we did when I had my classic Minis.

18 hours ago, Coupe100 said:

I'll have to try to join for one of these once I've sorted out some of the little niggles on mine.  Been a long time since I've been out for a 'club' drive in anything.  Used to love all the club runs we did when I had my classic Minis.

If they are just visual niggles don't worry, these are the least judgemental guys you could wish to meet, if they are engine best get them sorted, if they are suspension related, definitely get them sorted, (mind you Loz drove with a broken spring) my car detonates various bits during the course of the drive so don't follow too close.

On 16/05/2017 at 10:11 PM, pslosarc said:

Where does all this meeting up stuff take place? Is it advertised anywhere?

Post on here if you fancy a meet up this weekend

6 hours ago, Terryg said:

If they are just visual niggles don't worry, these are the least judgemental guys you could wish to meet, if they are engine best get them sorted, if they are suspension related, definitely get them sorted, (mind you Loz drove with a broken spring) my car detonates various bits during the course of the drive so don't follow too close.

Worn ball joints on the bottom arms and track rod ends, and 4 completely different tyres on it!  I think I'd best sort those before I start hooning around with you guys!

31 minutes ago, Coupe100 said:

Worn ball joints on the bottom arms and track rod ends, and 4 completely different tyres on it!  I think I'd best sort those before I start hooning around with you guys!

In that case, YES! Get the niggles fixed first, look forward to meeting up when you are all done, I had similar problems when I got my car, it is so worthwhile spending money on this, it's not a Porsche until it handles like one!

20 hours ago, RobScott said:

Ive got loads of suspension parts, good used ones :) 

Long time no speak Rob!  It's Mark R from Leyland, Postie's mate!  To be fair, for the price of the bottom arms (at £50 a side) I'll just use new ones.  Although I should make a trip over at some point and see what other goodies you might have.

Archived