981 GTS Recall ?

GTB981

Just been told by Portsmouth OPC that my car (2015 GTS) needs a recall to do with instrument cluster ? When I asked for more info none was provided. Anyone else know what this is ? They said they`d come back to me with more details.

Yep, salesman Elliott did some digging and came straight back to me. Instrument cluster change required. Not on the website recall log yet. Booked for Thursday 25th.

Mine is PDK and I've just checked - no outstanding recalls. It has had the left wheelhousing reworked recall as thats listed on the spec sheet they ran off for me at the OPC when I bought the car.

8 hours ago, GTB981 said:

It was strange that they said to me they already had the parts in stock. This was even before I booked it in. Very interested to see what you find out Buzzfox.

Just 'phoned Cambridge who are doing my service next week. I told them that Portsmouth had told one of their customers that their 2015 GTS needed a recall regarding something to do with the instrument cluster and asked if they knew anything about it and if it affected mine.

After checking 'several systems' I was told there were no outstanding campaigns or recalls for my vehicle. Strange!

Do you know when in 2015 yours was built? Mine was an October build, delivered late November 2015.

When my 981 went in for it's first service just over a year ago they reprogrammed the instrument cluster. I can't remember if it was any different afterwards. I'll fish out the paperwork and see what it says.

The car was collected late after they went to the wrong address (again). The paperwork just made mention of instrument cluster change, parts in stock ref Lee. No mention of recall. I therefore wrote on the paperwork requesting  details of the recall. No mention either of resetting service indicator which they forgot to do before I bought it after they serviced it. I wait in anticipation.......

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, GTB981 said:

The car was collected late after they went to the wrong address (again). The paperwork just made mention of instrument cluster change, parts in stock ref Lee. No mention of recall. I therefore wrote on the paperwork requesting  details of the recall. No mention either of resetting service indicator which they forgot to do before I bought it after they serviced it. I wait in anticipation.......

Actually I called Portsmouth OPC last week.  My service interval says I need an oil change even though it was only serviced last year.

Spoke to Rob said I needed a software update and that it was FOC and they'd do in while I waited.  No mention of a cluster change, but they did call me while I was in the US last week - so need to chase that one up!

I will be making a call today as I have not received their call. I have a list of questions. Not the first time I have been let down by them but benefit of the doubt for now.....

Finally got to the bottom of this. Apparently when they did the 111 point pre-sale check a spurious error code came up to do with the speedo. They got on to Porsche who recommended that the instrument cluster was replaced as a precaution which they have done. Therefore it was not a general recall as such as it was just specific to this vehicle. The terminology used when they contacted me led me to believe it was a general Porsche recall.

Archived