Latest Sat Nav

JohnSyn

My car shares the same, or similar, Sat Nav with the 718s.

A really daft question I'm sure. I've plotted a route and ,after completion, the finishing flag has stayed on the map. Has anyone else had this and if so how did you get rid of the flag!

Thanks!

Does it retain for "previous destinations" and is there an option to delete from previous destinations and the flag then disappears ?

7 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Does it retain for "previous destinations" and is there an option to delete from previous destinations and the flag then disappears ?

not sure, thanks. I'll look for this

2 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

I can't check on mine as away at the moment. It doesnt think that you have reached your destination yet it you could only be few yards away as the work on postcode?

Thanks

its done three others since and none of those has flags remaining 

I thought it might be because it's my home address but have now set that up and it shows a nice little house. Unfortunately with a flag on if out of the roof! 

14 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Had a play with the sat nav today entered a destination and a flag appears, i reached my destination and the flag disappeared when i drove off . I didn't enter a new destination.

thanks....the flag is for my home so I've obviously reached it ever time I go out! I wonder if something is stuck. I'll get the OPC to have a look when it goes in for its oil change.

4 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

thanks....the flag is for my home so I've obviously reached it ever time I go out! I wonder if something is stuck. I'll get the OPC to have a look when it goes in for its oil change.

Personally I would only ever set 'home' 50 metres away from where it is...if your car keys go missing (with your car too) they have transport, your address and your house keys to burglarize you too (if the are attached to the car keys)

26 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

Personally I would only ever set 'home' 50 metres away from where it is...if your car keys go missing (with your car too) they have transport, your address and your house keys to burglarize you too (if the are attached to the car keys)

Hi Stuart

its set, or rather all Sat Navs have shown, a few houses along for some reason so not a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted this out.

The finish flag remains in the last location you used the Sat Nav for, even after arriving. This allows for just one instruction, on the main screen, to return there. The finishing flag moves to the next location when you next set a location in the Sat Nav.

Odd...but there you go!

I guess that makes sense...the right binnacle on mine shows the last destination in it too....

You'd have to drive away to somewhere else (not using the Satnav to do so) for that to ever be any use though, which is even odder

2 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

I guess that makes sense...the right binnacle on mine shows the last destination in it too....

You'd have to drive away to somewhere else (not using the Satnav to do so) for that to ever be any use though, which is even odder

That's what I'm used to Stuart which is why I thought something was wrong. Screen is sensitive and when you move your hand towards it several commands become available including 'resume' so its this which then works out how to get back to the last destination. Odd and not sure if its progress!!! 

Archived